- Slides: 29
NEW JERSEY DRIVER LICENSE SYSTEM Chapter 1 p. 1 - 11
1. Motorist must always carry a… while operating a vehicle on New Jersey’s roadways? • Valid Driver or Provisional License • Current Vehicle Registration • Proof of Valid Liability Auto Insurance
2. Motorist whose official home address is in New Jersey must be licensed in?
3) All legal name changes must be reported to the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) within how many weeks? • Within two week
4) The new Jersey basic, unrestricted driver license is available to residents who are at least: • 18 years old and who have followed the state’s Graduated Driver License (GDL) program.
5) Any change of legal residence within the state must be reported to Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) within: • Within one week
6) A driver who has been licensed 3 for at least ___years must accompany all road test applicants in a properly Inspected Registered Insured vehicle to an MVC road test site.
7) If the accompanying driver is licensed in a state other than New Jersey, he or she: • Must drive the vehicle to the ROAD TEST area.
8) Motorist who move into N. J. and possess a valid out-of-state driver license must apply for a N. J. license within: • You must apply for a New Jersey license within 60 days or before your current out-of-state license expires, whichever occurs first.
9) Upon applying for a New Jersey driver license, any valid out-of-state driver license: • must be surrendered to MVC
10) What are the six types of New Jersey licenses and class type? a. Basic Driver License — class D b. Commercial Driver License — classes A, B, C c. Motorcycle License — class E d. Moped License — class F e. Agricultural License — class G f. Boat License
11) New Jersey issues a license for how many years? Four-years 12) A two-year license is available to motorist at least 70 years old.
13) Motorist under ___ years old issued a driver license that differs in physical appearance from motorist 21 years or older. 21 or older under 21
14) New Jersey issues a: • Digital Driver License (DDL)
15) This license, along with the MVC 6 Point Identification policy is: http: //www. state. nj. us/mvc/pdf/Licenses/ident_ver_posterpint. pdf • eliminating the prevalence of fraudulent MVC documents. • DDL includes almost two dozen safety and security features, including digital photographs and signature.
16) What restrictions will appear on the driver license in coded form? 1 Corrective Lenses Required 2 Prosthetic Device 3 Mechanical Device 4 Hearing Impaired 5 Attached Restrictions K Intrastate Only* L Excludes Vehicles with Air Breaks M Excludes Class A Passenger Vehicles N Excludes Class A and B Passenger Vehicles O Valid in Tow Trucks Only P Non-CDL Passengers Only Q 15 Passengers or Less R Bus Mechanic without Passenger S No School Age Passengers T Ignition Interlock System Required U Class I Owner Only (formerly ID 3) V Class I Violator Only (formerly ID 5) W Class I Misc (formerly ID 2, ID 4, Idx) Z Class D - Provisional GDL Driver
17) New Jersey’s Graduated Driver License (GDL) program introduces driving privileges: • Gradually to first-time drivers and applicants under 21 years old. • It is available to applicants 17 years old who have passed MVC’s knowledge and vision tests.
18) If you’ve never had a driver license, you must follow: • New Jersey’s GDL program to get your first unrestricted basic New Jersey driver license.
19) Special Learners Permit Driving Restrictions include: • • No driving between 11: 01 p. m. and 5: 00 a. m. Driver cannot use wireless telephone or any wireless device while driving All student examination permit holders must be accompanied by an Adult Supervising Driver who must possess a valid New Jersey driver license and be at least 21 years old and licensed to drive for at least three years
20) List the exemptions to the hours rule for permit and provisional drivers under 21: • All hours-related exemptions for employment or religious reasons must be accompanied by a legible certification to indicate this need on the letterhead of employer, organization or religious institution, with signature of certifying official above title, address and telephone number.
21) The “Early Bird Road” Graduated Driver License Program has five steps, list them: Turn to page 6
22) New Jersey’s CDL is available only to those applicants who already have a basic, unrestricted New Jersey driver license. What are three separate endorsements? • Class A • Class B • Class C
23) CDL endorsements includes: • Double and Triple Trailer (class A) • Passenger • Tank Vehicle (hauling gasoline, other liquids) • Hazardous Material (HAZMAT)
24) All nonresidents must meet MVC’s 6 Point Identification Verification requirements to obtain an examination permit.
25) NONCITIZENS must meet MVC’s 6 Point Identification Verification requirements to obtain an examination permit.
26) Possessing or displaying an altered or counterfeited license is punishable by…. . • Possessing or displaying an altered or counterfeited license is punishable by license suspension, fine, and jail time.
27) If your driver license is lost or stolen, who should you report this to? • Report this to the police!
28) What is the replacement fee for a lost or stolen license? $ 11
Organ Donor Program/Uniform Anatomical Gift Act?