- Slides: 22
Look at the pictures. DIY Do it yourself!
scissors brushes tapes glue tools rope
Match the words with pictures. brush glue brush rope scissors tape glue tape rope scissors
read answer. What does Hobo get? He gets a DIY house. What does Hobo need to build the house? Some tools. Can Eddie help Hobo? No, he can’t.
Retell the dialogue Hobo gets a new ______. house It is a ______ DIY house. And Eddie tells Hobe to read the clear ______ instructions first. He also tells tools to build the house. Hobo to get some _____ But Eddie can’t help Hobo to start because it says, “_________”. Do it yourself
1. Here are clear instructions. 这儿有清楚的 说明. 1) instruction名词，在表示说明或者指 示的时候，往往用复数形式。 e. g. You need to read instructions before you use this phone.
2. You’d better get some tools. 你最好弄些 具 you’d better do sth. = you had better do sth. 其后只能接动词的原形。 否定句型you’d better not do。 e. g. You’d bettermake ____ a home page by yourselves. 你们最好独立制作主页。 not go You’d better ___ to bed late. 你最好不要晚睡觉。
3. No problem. 没问题.
Listen to the dialogue between Millie and Suzy and answer. 1. What does DIY stand for? It stands for “do-it-yourself”. 2. What do you exactly do when you do DIY? You need to make, repair or decorate things yourself.
Read the dialogue Millie: What’s DIY exactly, Suzy? Suzy: It stands for “do-it-yourself”. When you do DIY, you make, repair or decorate things yourself instead of paying someone to do it. Millie: What are you going to do then? Suzy: I’m going to make some paper roses. Millie: It sounds lovely. What do you need for that?
Suzy: I need some paper, glue and a pair of scissors. Millie: Do you like DIY? Suzy: Yes, I do. I enjoy making something new. That’s fun.
A: What’s DIY exactly, xxx? B: It stands for _______. When you do DIY, __________. A: What are you going to do then? B: I’m going to ___________. A: It sounds _______. What do you need for that? B: I need ______________. A: Do you like DIY? B: Yes, I do. I ____________. That’s fun.
4. What’s DIY exactly? DIY确切的意思是什 么?
5. It stands for “do-it-yourself”. 它代表“do-ityourself”. stand for，译为“代表，象征”，后面 常接名词或名词性短语。 e. g. What does a rose stand for? 玫瑰象征什么呢？ It stands for love. 它代表着爱情。
6. instead of paying someone to do it. 而不 是花钱让人去做 1) instead of sth. /doing sth. ，译为“而不是， 代替”， instead也可以单独使用，放在 句末。 e. g. He went to the cinema instead of staying at home. 他没有呆在家里，而是去看电影了。 He went to the cinema instead.
7. 制作一些纸玫瑰make some paper roses 8. 一把剪刀 a pair of scissors 9. 新的东西something new
1. 读一下清晰的说明 read clear instructions 2. 去拿一些 具 get some tools 3. 最好/最好不要做 had better do / had better not do 4. 没问题。 No problem. 5. 制作一些纸玫瑰 make some paper roses 6. 一把剪刀 a pair of scissors
7. 喜欢制作一些新东 enjoy making something new 西 8. 付钱给某人 pay sb. 9. 修理和装修东西 repair and decorate things 10. 代替做某事 instead of doing sth.