ZIMBRA DESKTOP USER MANUAL Features Zimbra Desktop Features
ZIMBRA DESKTOP USER MANUAL
Features Zimbra Desktop Features : - ü Windows & Linux Platform supported ü Support Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Microsoft Exchange (via IMAP), Other email services using POP 3 or IMAP 4 access
ZIMBRA Desktop Pre-installation Considerations System Requirements: • At least 200 MB free disk space is required to install the software. • Additional disk space is required to download account data. • At least 512 MB RAM is required to run Zimbra Desktop. • Internet Access Supported Platforms: Microsoft Windows: • Windows XP Professional SP 2 (32 -bit and 64 -bit) • Windows Vista (32 -bit and 64 -bit) • Windows 7 (32 -bit and 64 -bit) • Windows 10 (32 -bit and 64 -bit) Other software dependencies: • JAVA Runtime Environment Patch: - JRE 6. 1 or above [32 bit or 64 bit]
Zimbra Desktop Basic Installation Steps for Microsoft Windows: 1. Download the Setup file from 2. http: //www. zimbra. com/downloads/zimbra-desktop/ 3. Install the Software 32 -bit or 64 -bit for window platform.
Run the installation wizard and follow the step-by-step instructions: - 1. Open the Zimbra Desktop. msi file and double-click Run to start the installation process.
2. The Welcome screen displays. Click Next to continue. Zimbra Desktop Requirements
3. Accept end-user license agreement. Check the I accept the terms in this License Agreement and click Next to continue.
4. The Ready to install Zimbra Desktop dialog displays. Click Install to continue the installation process.
5. The Completed the Zimbra Desktop Setup Wizard dialog displays. • To set up your account, check the Launch Zimbra Desktop box and click Finish. • If you want to exit the Zimbra Desktop Setup Wizard without launching Zimbra Desktop, click Finish.
After installation, you can launch Zimbra Desktop by double clicking the Zimbra Desktop icon on your desktop. Note: -Before you begin, make sure you are connected to the Internet. 1. Click the Add New Account tab.
2. In the Account Type list, select the account type Zimbra.
3. Enter the information as required for the account you are setting up. • Account Name: -This is the name that displays as the account name in Zimbra Desktop. If you are setting up multiple accounts, create a name you can easily recognize to identify each account.
• Account Name: - Enter the account name as shown in the image. e. g. Zimbra • Email Address: - For Example: - [email protected] gov. in • Password: - Enter the password that you enter to log into your account. • Incoming Mail Server : - Enter the Zimbra server address(mail. punjab. gov. in) that your account is on.
• Security: - (Zimbra only) If you always use an encrypted connection, check Use SSL encryption when accessing this server. • Click on Launch Desktop tab.
• Finally your Zimbra Desktop home page will look like as mentioned below screenshot.
• Now mails will start downloading automatically from Zimbra Exchange Server. Click on New tab to compose a mail.