- Slides: 37
XA BROWSER 7 Ways to Enter a Purchase Order Brenda Butler, Senior Consultant brenda. [email protected] net
Agenda for Today • Seven Ways to Enter a PO: 1. 2. 3. 4. 5. Manual Convert from requisitions MRP recommendations Auto release from MRP Auto release from Reorder Recommendations
Agenda for Today • Seven Ways to Enter a PO (con’t): 6. Any Maintain menu dropdown that includes “Item Warehouse Options” • • Item Warehouse object Item Locations Transaction History Scheduled Purchase Receipts 7. PO Contracts
1. Manual Purchase Order Entry
1. Manual Purchase Orders Advantages • Using custom templates, cards and card files in Power-Link gives easier entry and some flexibility over entering in green screen or e. Work. Place.
1. Manual Purchase Orders Disadvantages • All information must be keyed in system. Preferences/template can provide some defaults (buyer number &WH ID), but both header and item information must be entered. • PO entry total responsibility of buyer instead of getting information from requisitioner or system.
1. Manual Purchase Orders Select the Purchase Orders object Click the blank page CREATE icon and add both header and PO item info.
2. Convert Requisition to PO (5 clicks if no changes)
2. Requisition to PO Advantages • All information defaults into purchase order. • Can select multiple requisitions for a PO. • Re-keying required only if information changes: – Vendor – Quantity – Due date – Price • User keys in information, saving buyer’s time.
2. Requisition to PO By the Way… • Eliminate the pesky “buyer not found” message by making sure your buyer preference is set in PO’s. • Eliminate the bothersome “vendor not found” pop-up by mass changing all blank item warehouse records for purchased parts with a generic vendor number if there is not a primary vendor named. Then set the correct one when creating PO.
2. Requisition to PO Highlight one or more reqs. Click on MAINTAIN and CREATE PO. (There is no icon for this action. )
2. Requisition to PO PO number is assigned. All requisition information is “plugged in. ” If all is correct, click CREATE and CREATE once more, CONFIRM POST and you have a PO.
2. Requisition to PO Click CHANGE for this screen to change quantity, price, stock date or select a contract. (Remember to highlight item. )
2. Requisition to PO Click CREATE BLANKET to have multiple deliveries. Use AUTO SPREAD and enter first rel date and release interval. If several reqs and you wish to use the dates from reqs, click PER REQUISITIONS.
3. MRP Recommendations to PO (2 clicks and edit as needed)
3. MRP Recommendations to PO Advantages • All information defaults into purchase order. • Can generate new PO or add to existing PO, either as a new line item or a blanket release. • Re-keying required only if information changes: – – Vendor Quantity Due date Price
3. MRP Recommendations to PO
3. MRP Recommendations to PO Create new PO or attach to blanket or add as new line item to existing PO.
4. Auto Release from MRP/AVP (2 clicks for MRP run)
4. Auto Release MRP/AVP Advantages • All information defaults into purchase order from system recommendations, saving most research by buyer. • Re-keying required only if information changes: – Primary vendor – Quantity – Due date – Price
4. Auto Release MRP/AVP Disadvantages • Requires review and oversight by purchasing, especially if on-hand inventory might be questionnable or transaction accuracy is a problem.
4. Auto Release MRP/AVP Initiating a Planning Run - Purchasing Auto Release Options: • No • By auto release code • All
4. Auto Release Codes
5. Auto Release - Reorder Recommendation Report (1 click when running report)
5. Auto Release - Reorder Advantages • All information defaults into purchase order or requisition. – Primary vendor – Item number – Reorder quantity – Price • Especially good for MRO (maintenance/repair/ operations)
In Reorder Recommendations object, select Host Jobs under menu option File to generate the Reorder Report. Set Create Purchase Orders or Create Requisitions for auto reqs or PO’s.
5. Auto Release Codes
6. Item Warehouses Options (4 clicks & add qty & date)
6. Item Warehouse Option • Anywhere “Item Warehouse Options” is listed in the Maintain dropdown, you can create a PO. – Item Warehouses object – Item Locations object – Transaction History object – Scheduled Purchase Receipts object • Advantage – No re-keying of item number or entry of vendor if using primary vendor in item warehouse record. – Key only quantity and due date.
6. Item Warehouse Option Warehouse, item number and primary vendor default in.
6. Item Warehouse Option
7. Contract to PO (4 clicks & add qty & date)
7. Contract to PO • From Purchasing Contracts/Quotes – Populates item number, vendor, and contract price. – Only requires entry of quantity and due date.
7. Contract to PO • SCREEN PRINT Everything except quantity and due date defaults in.
What’s Your Cost for Entering PO’s? • 10 years ago – an estimate of $75 each • XA system auto functionality can: – Lower the cost of entering purchase orders – Possibly give you less but adequate inventory – While still supporting production.
How Can I Leverage Browser? CISTECH Quickstart • ½ day of general training on views, subsets, workbenches, etc. • ½-1 day with each process group (Procurement, Planning, etc) to tailor Browser Apps to streamline your workflow • Result: at the end of the engagement, users have incorporated Browser into their daily activities to become more productive.
Thanks for joining us today!