Complete the sentences with the verbs given in the box. ski do play go swim watch going 1. Do you like ______ running in the morning? doing judo. 2. Susan loves _______ watching the Olympics on TV. 3. They enjoy _____ skiing 4. We really like _______ in the Alps in February. playing 5. Sam hates ____ boxing but he loves football. swimming 6. I don’t like _____ in the pool at the sport center.
Vocabulary: - Forum (n) - diễn đàn - Window shopping - ngắm hàng hóa trưng bày - To be hooked on sth (exp) - thích (cái gì) - To sound weird (exp) - nghe có vẻ lạ lùng - To be addicted to sth (exp) - nghiện (cái gì)
Checking vocabulary: - Forum (n) - diễn đàn - Window shopping - ngắm hàng hóa trưng bày - To be hooked on sth (exp) - thích (cái gì) - To sound weird (exp) - nghe có vẻ lạ lùng - To be addicted to sth (exp) - nghiện (cái gì)
1. Read the following article on the magazine 4 Teen website. This week 4 Teen has opened a forum for friends around the world to share how they spend their free time. I love hanging out w/ my best friend Helen in my spare time, like going ‘window shopping’. J 4 F! We also work as volunteers for an animal protection organisation. 2 moro we r going to a farm. posted Tue 3. 20 pm
1. Read the following article on the magazine 4 Teen website. This may sound weird, but I adore cloud watching. Find an open space, lie on ur back, n’ look at the clouds. Use ur imagination. EZ! DYLI too? posted Wed 8. 04 pm
1. Read the following article on the magazine 4 Teen website. This year my city is the European Capital of Culture, so lots goin’ on. At weekends my bro n’ I go 2 our city community centre where we dance, paint, and do drama. I’m hooked on drama! <3 it! posted Thu 6. 26 pm
1. Read the following article on the magazine 4 Teen website. I like doing sports – I’m in my school’s football team. But what I mostly do in my free time is help my aunt. She has cooking classes 4 small groups of tourists. It’s WF 4 me! posted Fri 7. 19 pm
1. Read the following article on the magazine 4 Teen website. I’ve been kind of addicted to the net. I just love sitting in front of my computer for hours! But now my mum has said it’s NUFF! I’ll start my judo class this weekend. It’s OK. WBU? posted Fri 8. 45 pm
2. Can you understand the abbreviation in the text? Use this "netlingo" dictionary if necessary. tomorrow for love brother Do you love it? easy just for fun going and enough are your with What about you? way fun
Now add to the dictionary other abbreviations used for online chatting/texting that you know. * Numbers and single letter 2 4 to / for too B be * Other acronyms C I O R U Y see eye owe are you why
AKA Also known as Cũng được biết như BTW By the Way Nhân tiện B/C Because Vì, bởi vì CU See you Hẹn gặp lại IDK I don't know Tôi không biết IMO In my Opinion Theo ý kiến của tôi IOW In other Words Nói cách khác NOYB None of your Business Không phải chuyện của anh OMG Oh my God Ô chúa ơi OTOH On the other Hand Mặt khác POV Point of View Quan điểm ROTFL Rolling on the Floor Laughing Cười bò lăn TQ Thank You Cảm ơn THX / TNX Thanks Cảm ơn TYT Take your Time Cứ từ từ TTYL Talk to you Later Nói chuyện sau nhé
3. Find information in the text to complete the table. Who? What activity is mentioned? What does he/ she think of it? Emily Hanging out with friends (window shopping), She loves it. working as a volunteer. Hang Cloud watching Linn Minh Manuel Going to community centre, painting, dancing, doing drama. Playing football, helping his aunt in running cooking classes. Playing computer games, doing judo She adores it. It’s easy. She loves it. He likes it. It’s fun. He is addicted to it. It’s OK.
4. Work with your partner and put the activities in 3 in order from the most interesting to the most boring. Then compare your ideas with other pairs. Suggested answer 1. Linn 2. Minh 3. Emily 4. Manuel 5. Hang
- Read the article on the magazine + 4 Teen website. - Learn by heart all the new words. - Do exercises B 5, 6 in workbook (page 5) - Prepare for Unit 1: Skills 1
Goodbye! See you again!