Victorian Industry Participation Policy Presentation for Bidders and Suppliers on the enhanced VIPP Management Centre 2015
How to use this guide • This guide is intended to assist bidders/suppliers with the completion of their VIPP Plans via the VIPP Management Centre (VMC). • A Help Index on the following page contains links to various sections within this guide. • This guide is best viewed in slide show mode. • Use the home button to return to the help index at any time.
Updates What’s New Thanks for using the ICN VIPP Management Centre (VMC). To make our website better for you, we regularly conduct scheduled maintenance and upgrades. This update includes: • Enhanced VIPP Plan format and functionality – Section 3. 1 • Bug fixes and performance improvements.
Ne go er nd n nt re Ce 4 3. 1 Create a New VIPP Plan What is Value-Added Activity? How to save a VIPP Plan? VI PP M an ag Po st 3 What are Contestable Items? em en t Localisation Assistance Te Pl a VI PP Dashboard 2 1 tia M tio Re on ns po ito r rti in ng g & Po st Co nt ra ct el in e ro ce ss Ti m r. P ie pl up /S Bi dd er 2. 1 VMC Help Index (Click on the circles to access sections) VIPP Plan Assistance and Online Tools Submit VIPP Plan – Localisation Assistance Submit VIPP Plan – Certification 5
1. Bidder/Supplier Process Timeline Monitoring & Reporting Monitoring Supplier’s monitor s their VIPP outcomes throughout the project/ procurement activity. Post Contract Verification Department/ agency provides monitoring table to supplier and requests actual VIPP outcomes. Post Tender Negotiations Create a New VIPP Plan Close of Tender To create an VIPP Plan, search for relevant tender on VMC. Include the certified VIPP Plan and letter as part of bid by certification due date. Tender Registration In order to start a VIPP Plan, the tender must be registered on VMC by the relevant government department/ agency. Register on VIPP Management Centre (VMC) If VIPP commitments change due to post tender negotiations, create a new VIPP Plan for certification Certification Submit VIPP Plan for certification. Localisation Assistance Seek assistance from ICN to increase ANZ value-added activity % on input items. Allow up to 2 -3 business day turn around prior to certification due date. Allow up to 4 -6 business days prior to certification due date. ICN Evaluation Report ICN provides assessment of shortlisted bidder VIPP Plans to the government department/ agency. Tender Assessment & Contract Award Key Department/ agency Bidder/supplier ICN Bidder/Supplier Process Dep/Agency/ICN Process VIPP Plan Submission
2. VIPP Management Centre (VMC) • The VIPP Management Centre (VMC) is an online platform where bidders/suppliers can manage their VIPP obligations. • The VMC is available at https: //www. icnvic. org. au/vipp. • Bidders/suppliers must complete and submit their VIPP Plans via the VMC for assistance or certification. • VMC has been optimised to work on the following web browsers. – Google Chrome – Mozilla Firefox – Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 • VMC is not yet compatible with smartphone/tablet devices.
1 3 2 4 TIPS: 1. Account Type: select tenderer account type. 2. Account Details: enter username (email address) and password to access account. 3. Create NEW Tenderer account: register for VMC account if you are NOT an existing user. 4. Forgotten Password: click to retrieve password
1 TIPS: 1. Web browser: DO NOT use web browser forward and back navigation buttons whilst logged into VMC. Doing so could cause loss of data/information.
TIPS: 1 5. Add new plan: begin a new VIPP Plan. 6. Search Plans: search for previously submitted VIPP Plans. 7. Withdraw: click to withdraw VIPP Plan from assistance/ certification. 8. Certificate: download certification letter. 9. Assistance/Certification mode: switch from assistance to certification mode by selecting the relevant button. Note you cannot switch back to assistance once in certification mode. 10. Plan: Modify (assistance mode only)/download VIPP Plan (certification mode only). 2 11. Feedback: Access messages from ICN consultants. This icon will flash red when a new message has been received. 3 4 5 6 7 TIPS: 1. Incomplete VIPP Plans: access previously saved, but not yet completed, VIPP Plans. 2. My Account Details: update account information including password. 3. VIPP Enquiries: Contact ICN for HELP on how to complete VIPP Plan. 4. Timer: indicate length of session. 11 10 9 8
3. VIPP Plan
3. 1 Create New VIPP Plan • Bidders can ONLY begin an online VIPP Plan when the government department/agency has registered the tender on VMC. • The following slides indicate how to complete the online VIPP Plan: 1. Click “Add new plan” button. 2. Search for name of tender or tender reference number. 3. Can’t find tender? – click the “Can’t find Tender” link to contact the relevant government department/agency. 4. Enter contract description.
1. Add New VIPP Plan 1 TIPS: 1. Add new plan: begin new VIPP Plan.
2. Search for Tender Name / Reference Number 1 2 3 TIPS: 1. Can’t find tender link. 2. Predictive search feature streams results to the name of tender and tender reference number fields, dynamically updating results as a user types. Note: To clear field, press double backspace. 3. Navigation: All fields must be completed on each page before users can proceed to the next section
3. Can’t Find Tender? 1 2 TIPS: 1. Can’t find tender? - link 2. User details are pre-filled. Select relevant government department/ agency from drop down menu to advise them to register project on VMC.
4. Contract Description 1 TIPS: 1. Pre-populated fields are there to help bidders reduce time filling in form. These fields can be edited and changed.
What are Contestable Items? • Goods and services are considered to be a contestable item within a procurement activity, when there are competitive international suppliers and competitive ANZ suppliers. • A list of contestable items that may be relevant for the tender, are generated during agency/ department registration of tender on VMC. • These items prepopulate the value-added activity table in Section 3. 1 of the VIPP Plan. • The items provided are generally required to complete relevant tenders, however they are only indicative and not an exhaustive list. Bidders should review and adjust where appropriate/ necessary. • Non-contestable items are not included e. g. preliminaries, civil works, earthworks, etc. Bidders must also consider non-contestable items to accurately reflect the entire scope of contract works.
1 2 TIPS: 1. Select all by checking box 2. Select individual contestable items by checking box next to the relevant item.
Localisation Assistance • Bidders can seek localisation assistance from ICN’s Business Capability Advisors (BCA) to increase their ANZ value-added activity percentage on input items. • Allow up to 4 -6 business day turn around (i. e. account for certification processing), prior to certification due date. • Localisation assistance cannot help you with completing a VIPP Plan. • For VIPP website assistance or help on how to complete a VIPP Plan, please contact ICN on (03) 9864 6700.
1 2 TIPS: 1. No assistance: Plan submitted straight to certification ONLY. 2. Increase my ANZ content: submit Plan for assistance to increase local content. Note: do not select “Increase my ANZ content” if you require help completing the Plan.
What is ANZ Value-Added Activity? • ANZ valued-added activity refers to cost of producing Victorian/ Australian/New Zealand goods or service less the cost of the imported components (goods & services). • Contestable items do not necessarily have an ANZ value-added activity of 100%. • Items listed as 100% ANZ value-added activity may indicate an over commitment as they could contain imported elements, even though they are sourced from a local supplier. • Items listed as 0% ANZ value-added activity may indicate miscalculation. Consider profit margins, warehousing/logistics, testing, installation, repair services, training, marketing and administration, which may contribute to each item's ANZ value-added activities.
TIPS: 1. 2. 3. To remove items, check the clear box. 4. Percentage of Total Local Content autocalculated. 5. Total Percentages of Contract Content and Total Local Content auto-calculate (Total Contract Content Σ = 100%) 6. Add another item: click link to additional items 7. Calculate: Ensures each cell calculates appropriately. Contestable item. Percentage of Local Content to be filled in which will auto calculate the Imported Content Field. 1 2 7 3 4 5 6
3. 2 How to Save a VIPP Plan? • Bidders can save an VIPP Plan at any stage. • Only one (1) Plan can be saved per tender per bidder. • If you have already started a VIPP Plan for a tender, please go to “Incomplete Plans” section to complete.
TIPS: 1. Save and Exit: saves content and exits current Plan 2. Next: automatically saves content and proceeds to next section 1 2
1 2 TIPS: 1. Incomplete Plan: access saved VIPP Plans 2. Resume Plan: click the icon to resume a previously saved VIPP Plan
3. 3 VIPP Plan Assistance and Online Tools • In-form assistance is available throughout the VIPP Plan on the VMC. These include: – Mouse rollovers for further information or descriptions. – Prefabricated paragraphs to help you get started on implementation process questions. – Previously used paragraphs. – Formulas and calculation methodologies.
1 2 Tips: 1. Mouse Rollover: simply place your mouse on the to access assistance on how to complete the Plan. 2. Formulas and methodologies to calculate AEE.
Tips: 1. Pre-fabricated and previous VIPP Plan responses: click to expand or collapse. 2. Copy & Insert: click on the link to copy and insert text into field. 1 2
3. 4 VIPP Plan Submission – Localisation Assistance • Bidders can preview their VIPP Plan prior to selecting ‘submission for assistance’ to request a BCA to advise on local capabilities to increase your ANZ value added activity. • To make changes, close the preview window and click the “back” button on the VIPP Plan. DO NOT use web browser forward/back buttons. • The following slides indicate how to submit a VIPP Plan for localisation assistance: 1. To submit VIPP Plan for assistance, click the “submit for assistance” button (must be previously selected in Section 3. 1). 2. To modify existing VIPP Plan in assistance, locate the Plan on your dashboard and click the Plan icon to open.
1. Submit VIPP Plan for Assistance Tips: 1. Preview VIPP Plan: click to preview VIPP Plan prior to submission. 2. Back: click to make changes to VIPP Plan. 3. Submit For Assistance: click to submit plan for localisation assistance. 4. Click to view terms and condition. 4 2 1 3
1. Submit VIPP Plan for Assistance
2. Modify VIPP Plan in Assistance Tips: 1. Plan: Modify VIPP Plan. 2. Assistance/Certification Modes: switch from assistance to certification mode by selecting the relevant button. Note you cannot switch back to assistance once in certification mode. 1 2
3. 5 VIPP Plan Submission - Certification • Bidders can preview their VIPP Plan prior to submission for assistance or certification. • To make changes, close the preview window and click the “back” button on the VIPP Plan. DO NOT use web browser forward/back buttons. • The following slides indicate how to submit a VIPP Plan for certification: 1. To submit VIPP Plan for certification, click the “submit for certification” button. • Ensure to read the statement of compliance and to complete the checklist. • VIPP Plans cannot be edited once submitted for certification.
1 3 2 Tips: 1. Read the statement of compliance prior to submission. 2. Submit For Certification: click to submit plan for certification. 3. Click to view Terms and Conditions.
1 2 Tips: 1. Checklist: Read and confirm each checkpoint. 2. Check box: click to confirm 3. Submit: once ALL checklist points have been read and checked, click “submit”. 3
4. Post Tender Negotiations • If VIPP commitments change due to post tender negotiations, government department/agency will inform the bidder/supplier and ICN that the VIPP Plan needs to be revised and then submitted for re-certification. • Confirm with ICN on (03) 9864 6700 that your VIPP Plan has been switched to assistance mode and can be modified.
5. Monitoring and Post Contract Reporting • Upon the completion of contracts where the VIPP applies, the supplier/ contractor must provide the VIPP outcomes to the government agency/department when requested. • The supplier/contractor must use the VIPP Monitoring Table, and submit a declaration attesting to the veracity of the outcomes reported. The agency provides these details to the ICN for verification. • These forms will be available at: http: //www. dsdbi. vic. gov. au/vipp
Contact Details • For any policy queries regarding the VIPP, contact: Department of Economic Development, Jobs, Transport and Resources (DEDJTR) Email: vipp@dsdbi. vic. gov. au Tel: 13 22 15 http: //www. dsdbi. vic. gov. au/vipp • For queries regarding the VIPP Management Centre or how to complete a VIPP Plan, contact: Industry Capability Network (Victoria) Ltd Tel: (03) 9864 6700 www. icnvic. org. au/vipp