VERB TENSES Present Simple Past Simple Present Continuous Past Continuous Present Perfect Past Perfect 6. Future Simple 1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
1. Present Simple (usually, often, every day) a) V / Vs b) don’t / doesn’t + V c) Do / does ___ V? 1) They _____football at the institute. (to play) 2) She _________emails. (not / to write) 3) ____ you____ English? (to speak) 4) My mother _____ fish. (not / to like) 5) ____ Ann _____ any friends? (to have) 6) His brother _____ in an office. (to work) 7) ____ they ____ the flowers every 3 days? (to water) 8) His wife ______ a motorbike. (not / to ride) 9) _______ Kate_____ coffee? (to drink)
2. Past Simple (yesterday, last week) a) b) c) Ved / V 2 Didn’t + V Did ___V? 1) She (bring)_____ some chocolates to the party. 2) I (hear) _____ a new song on the radio. 3) I (read) _____ three books last week. 4) They (speak) _____ French to the waitress. 5) I (forget) _______ about my mother’s birthday. 6) ____you (lose) _____ your keys? 7) I (give) _____ my mother a CD for Christmas. 8) At the age of 23, she (become) _____ a doctor. 9) I (know) _____ the answer yesterday.
3. Present Continuous (now, at the moment) a) am/ is/ are + Ving b) am / is / are not + Ving c) am/is/are __Ving 1. In summer the sun (to shine). ______ brightly. 2. Run downstairs. Your sister (to wait for) ______ you. 3. I usually (to wait for)_____Tom. He is always late. 4. We (to have) ______ coffee every morning. 5. Where is John? - He (to play)______ the piano. 6. Our boys usually (to play)______ football in the yard. 7. Call them. They (to play)______ football in the yard. 8. My aunt (not to make)______ cakes on Mondays, but she (to make)_________one now. 9. She is in the kitchen. She (to make)_______ tea for us.
4. Past Continuous ( at. . o’clock yesterday, from. . till. . yesterday, the whole evening) a) was/were + Ving b) was/were not + Ving c) was/were __Ving 1. I ______(to feed) my cat with fish yesterday. 2. What ____you_____ (to do) at four o'clock yesterday? — I _______(to feed) my cat. 3. What _______your brother______ (to do) yesterday? -He ________(to play) computer games. 4. We_________ (to play) badminton from nine till eleven yesterday. 5. Kate_______ (not to go) for a walk yesterday. She _______(to write) a composition the whole day yesterday.
5. Present Perfect Past Perfect Ever, never, already, not yet, just a) Have/has +Ved/V 3 / b) Have / has not + Ved/V 3 c) Have _____Ved/V 3? a) Had + Ved / V 3 b) Had not + Ved/V 3 c) Had ______Ved/V 3? 1. When Billy_____ (to come) home, his wife _____already (to cook) lunch 2. Kevin ____(to show) his mother the composition which he _______(to write) yesterday. 3. Jessica________ (to return) from theatre by 9 o’clock. 4. Yesterday I ____(to find) the ring that I ______(to lose) last week. 5. When Billy _______(to wake up) yesterday his parents_____ already________ (to go) to work.
6. Future Simple (tomorrow, next week) a) will + V b) won’t + V c) Will ___ V? 1. I and my friends (to go skiing) _______ next Sunday. 2. _______you _____(to go) to the cinema next weekend? 3. Her mother_________ (not to cook) in the evening. 4. They ________(to come) home at ten pm tomorrow. 5. His sister _________(to draw) a picture next week. 6. When ____you _____(to come) home? 7. Their friends ________(to invite) us to spend Christmas holidays in their house? 8. I ________(to send) email to my friend tomorrow. 9. Tomorrow I_______ (to meet) my partner at the airport.