- Slides: 22
Twenty Questions Subject: chapter 7 -9
Twenty Questions 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
1. One effect of land subsidence is the creation of? l ?
2. Why does the geography of Mexico City create a air pollution problem? In a valley, which often traps carbon emissions.
3. A strip of land that connects two larger landmasses, enabling the migration of plants and aniimals? l Land bridge
4. Where does most of the food grown in Mexico come from? l Central Plateau
5. What early civilization in Mexico engaged in long-distance trade and built huge stone cities by the time the Spanish arrived? l The Maya
6. The early Mexican civilization whose capital was on the site of present-day Mexico City? l Aztec
7. The Local form of a language used in a particular place or by a certain group? l dialect
8. Panama is a ___between North America and South America? l Isthmus
9. The Greater Antilles and the Lesser Antilles are part of a___in the Caribbean Sea? l archipelago
10. What vertical climate zone is characterized by frosts in winter and is where potatoes are barley are grown? l Tierra fria
11. Haitian Creole is an example of patois because? l It is a dialect that blends words from different languages
12. Enacting laws that require the reforestation of cleared lands is one way that Central American countries can promote? l Sustainable development
13. The planting of young trees or seeds on lands where trees have been cut or destroyed? l reforestation
14. A slum on the edge of a city which lacks running water and sanitation systems. l shantytown
15. The variety of different species of plants and animals in an environment? l biodiversity
16. Grains, soybeans, and ___ are major crops exported from South America? l coffee
17. Many of the migrants to Sao Paulo, Brazil end up living in ___ on the outskirts of the city with no sanitation services? l favelas
18. What country enacted a law in 2004 that prohibited deforestation in its eastern region? l Paraguay
19. Which two countries in South America have large Asian populations l Suriname and Guyana
20. What is the multiplier effect? l The effect an investment has in multiplying related jobs throughout the economy.