- Slides: 15
TRƯỜNG THCS MINH QUANG GIÁO VIÊN: TRẦN THỊ GẤM
Friday, 10 th April, 2020 Unit 8: SPORTS AND GAMES Lesson 3: A closer look 2 I. Grammar: The past simple 1. Form: • Động từ tobe: was : I/ he/ she/ it were: You/ we/ they (+) S + was/ were + ……. (-) S + was/ were + not + …. . (? ) Was/ were + S +…. ? Yes, S + was / were 2. Usage:
Động từ thường : Verb: (+) S + Ved/ Vcột 2+ ……. (-) S + did not ( didn’t)+ V-inf. (? ) Did + S +V-inf + …. . ? Yes, S + did. No, S + didn’t.
2. Trạng từ chỉ thời gian đi kèm - Yesterday - Last night/ week/ month/ year…. . - Ago ( 3 days ago / twenty years ago. ) - In + thời gian trong quá khứ (in 1990/ in 2008)
3. Cách thành lập động từ trong quá khứ - 2 dạng: có quy tắc và bất quy tắc * Có quy tắc: - Thêm “ed” sau động từ nguyên thể Vd: work- worked; travel- traveled water- watered - Động từ kết thúc bằng phụ âm “e” thì chỉ thêm “d” Vd: phone – phoned ; translate- translated
- Động từ kết thúc bằng phụ âm “y” chuyển “y” thành “i” rồi thêm “ed” Vd: study – studied; cry – cried - Động từ kết thúc bằng “ nguyên âm+y” giữ nguyên “y” chỉ thêm ed. Vd: play- played ; stay – stayed. stop – stopped ; control- controlled • Động từ bất quy tắc: Go- went ; do- did
1. Complete the sentences with did, was, or were. 1. The 2012 Olympic Games _______ held in London. 2. -Who ____ the first man on the Moon? -Neil Armstrong. 3. -I _______ at the gym last Sunday, but I ______ not see you there. -No, I ______ at my aunt's house. 4. - _____you climb Mount Fansipan when you _____in Sapa? -Yes, I ____. It ____ tiring, but very interesting.
2. Write the correct form of the verbs to complete the conversation. Nick: Hi there. Sonny: Hello, Nick. Did you have a nice weekend? Nick: Yeah, it (1. be) ______ was OK. I (2. not do) ______ didn’t do sat at home and (4. watch) much. I just (3. sit)_____ watched TV. On Saturday afternoon, I (5. go) _____ went fishing with my dad. How about you? Sonny: Oh, I (6. have) ______ had a good weekend. did Nick: Really? What (7. do) _______you do? visited the museum with my Sonny: I (8. visit) ____ ate family. Then we (9. eat) _____ at my favourite restaurant.
Nick: Did you watch football on Sunday? Sonny: Oh, yeah. The player (10. score) _______ scored a fantastic goal.
3. Work in groups. Ask and answer questions about last weekend. * Examples: A: Did you do any sport last weekend? B: Oh yes, and I was exhausted. A: Really? What did you do? _______________
Imperatives • You use Imperatives to tell someone to do something, or to give a direct order. * It's chewing gum. * Chew it. * Don't swallow it. Remember! Positive: V Negative: don't + V
4. Write sentences to tell your friends what to do or not to do Take your umbrella. 1. It's raining. ____ 2. Please _____________. don’t litter 3. It's late now. Please ______ hurry up. don’t train too hard. 4. Exercising is good but _______ Put 5. It's cold. _____ on your coat.
• Homework : • - Học thuộc công thức , cách dùng và cách nhận biết thì quá khứ đơn. • -Làm bài 1, 2 trang 19 và 4, 5 trang 20 ra vở anh cho cô kiểm tra chấm điểm. • - Ở nhà tự học và tự nghiên cứu các tiết tiếp theo.