Top Gear. By Iyesha & Macauley
Introduction. � We chose Top Gear to study and find out the shows viewing figures because it is widely known and most people watch the show.
Primary Research. � My chosen show is Top Gear, and I wanted to know how many people liked it or disliked it, also I wanted to find out what type of people watch it (gender, age), and who was there favourite character is. � From my research I found out that 86% of people did like top gear and 14% did not like top gear, also from my research I found out that 79% of people that watch top gear are male and the other 21% are female. This shows that males like the show more and are most likely to watch the show. � In my research 43% are 16 year Old's, and they are the age group that watch it the most and 19 year Old's are only a 14%. I asked the people who took part to tick the rating of how much they like the show 29% of people rate the show at a 6, this is the most popular rating. Also I asked them who there favourite character was and there most popular one is Richard Hammond with 43%. � My research is not reliable because I have only asked 14 people from my class and everyone is around the same age, and also they do not represent Britain as a whole. The kind of research I have carried out is primary research because its research I have done my self and I have not been unable to copy it from someone else, if I was able to copy from someone also the research type would be secondary. The data I have produced is quantitative data because I have been able to put the results into percentages.
Secondary Research. � Tog gear first aired in 2002 on the 20/10/02 from http: //epguides. com/Top. Gear/ � But Wikipedia says it first aired in 1977 this is not reliable as Wikipedia is written by people not facts or statistics � http: //en. wikipedia. org/wiki/Top_Gear_(2002 _TV_series)
Typical Audience Member. � The target age for top gear is 16 – 60 years old, Top Gear is for both males and females, but have a larger male audience then females and is based for people who love cars. The ethnicity for Top Gear can not be pinned to just one type of group because any one can watch it they just have to be interested in the show. The sexual orientation is mainly heterosexual’s but other sexual types can watch, all the class types lower, middle and upper class can watch Top Gear.