- Slides: 13
Top 10 Canadian landmarks Tematická oblast Angličtina: CANADA Datum vytvoření 2. 8. 2013 Ročník 2. - 4. , sexta – oktáva, B 1 Stručný obsah 10 nejzajímavějších míst v Kanadě a základní informace o nich. Způsob využití Snímky seznamují s 10 nejzajímavějšími místy v Kanadě. Doprovodné fotografie. Role-play v závěru. Autor Ing. Marcela Kunderová Kód VY_32_INOVACE_05_AKND 10 Gymnázium a Jazyková škola s právem státní jazykové zkoušky Zlín
10. Confederation Bridge • open on May 31, 1997 • the two-lane highway toll bridge is eight miles long and it is the longest bridge in the world that crosses ice-covered water • the majority of the bridge is 40 meters above water
9. West Edmonton Mall • Located in Edmonton, Alberta • is the largest shopping mall in North America and the fifth largest in the entire world • it was previously the world’s largest mall from 1981 until 2004
8. Hopewell Rocks • are rock formations caused by tidal erosions located on the upper shores of the Bay of Fundy, New Brunswick • the base formations of the rocks are covered with water twice daily
7. Saint Joseph’s Oratory • is a Roman Catholic basilica located on the west slope of Mount Royal in Montreal • is the third-largest in the world
6. Chateau Lake Louise • located on the eastern shore of Lake Louise, near Banff, Alberta • is also declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
5. Parliament Hill • Located in Ottawa, Ontario • Parliament Hill receives approximately three million visitors every yea
4. The Canadian Rockies • known as a major mountain range in western North America • are made up of shale and limestone • are also known for their high peaks, such as Mount Robson (3, 954 meters)
3. CN Tower • located in Toronto, Ontario • is a communications and observation tower, which is used by radio and television stations • built in 1976, it is an astonishing 1, 815 feet tall
2. Chateau Frontenac • The Chateau Frontenac is a grand hotel located in Quebec City • the hotel was named after Louis de Baude, Count of Frontenac • he was the governor of the colony of New France from 1672 to 1682 and again from 1689 until 1698
1. Niagara Falls • the Niagara Falls are the most powerful waterfall in North America • are a huge tourist attraction with approximately 30 million visitors each year • http: //www. youtube. com/ watch? feature=player_detai lpage&v=-1 h. ATv. Wr. Xq 0
Role - play • Which of the previous places would you like to visit and why? • Tell your partner.
Zdroje: • http: //google. com • http: //www. toptenz. net/top-10 -canadianlandmarks. php • http: //www. youtube. com/watch? feature=pla yer_detailpage&v=-1 h. ATv. Wr. Xq 0