Tenses Simple Present Tense Simple Present Tense is
- Slides: 46
Simple Present Tense 現在式
Simple Present Tense is used: 1. For facts which are permanently true. 永恆的事實 The sun rises in the east. Pandas are big.
Simple Present Tense is used: 2. talk about things that always, usually, often, sometimes, seldom, never, once a week or twice a month happen. 重複發生的動作 John always helps others. I play the piano twice a week. 每星期 2次
Present Continuous Tense 現在進行式
Time expressions: • now (現在) • at present (現在) • at the moment (在這刻) • presently (現在)
Present Continuous Tense is used: For action happening at or around the time of speaking. 在說話時正在發生的動作 Mr Ao is singing in the music room at the moment. (在這刻) I am looking for my keys now. (現在)
Non-Continuous verbs (沒有進行形式的動詞) be(是), believe(相信), belong(屬於), feel(感覺), think(認為), have(有), forget(忘記), remember(記得), hate (討厭), love, like, want(想要), need(需要), know(知道), understand(明白)
be 是(is am are was were) I am a teacher. I am being a teacher. I am hot now. I am being hot now.
need 需要 He needs some water. He is needing some water.
know 知道 I know the answer now. I am knowing the answer now.
remember 記得 I remember your name. I am remembering your name.
Simple Past Tense 過去式
Time expressions • yesterday (昨天) • last …(上一…) • ago (之前) • once upon a time (從前) • just now (剛才) • this morning (今早)
Simple Past Tense is used: 1. for actions which happened at a stated time in the past. • He made a model plane an hour ago. • What did you buy just now?
Simple Past Tense is used: 2. To express a past state or habit. 當她年輕時 When she was young, she lived in a small flat. 當我在課室時 I saw her when I was in the classroom.
Simple Future Tense 將來式
Time expressions • • tomorrow (明天) tonight (今晚) soon (不久) later (稍後) next …(下一…) in an hour (在一小時內) in one month (在一個月內) in the future (將來)
Simple Future Tense is used: For indicating those actions that we think will happen in the future. 預計將會發生的事情 She will go to China next week.
Present Perfect Tense 現在完成式
I You We Structure + have They + He She It + has Past participle
When do we use Present Perfect Tense? already for yet just since (已經) (已有) (尚未) (剛剛) how long before never (有多久) (之前) (從未) ever so far recently (曾經) (到目前為止) (最近) (自從)
1. We use the present perfect Tense to talk about completed actions. e. g. a. b. a. Ben is eating a chicken leg now. b. Ben has eaten a chicken leg already.
2. To express actions which have finished so recently that there’s evidence in the present. • He has just painted the picture.
3. for actions which started in the past and continue up to the present. • She has grown flowers for two years. 她種植花朵已有2年。 starting time 2018 for two years Now 2020
3. for actions which started in the past and continue up to the present. • She has grown flowers since 2018. • 自從 2018年起，她便開始種花。 現在完成式 since 過去式 starting time 2018 Now 2020
Past Continuous Tense 過去進行式
Past Continuous Tense is used: 1. For an action that was in the middle of happening at a stated time in the past. • 在過去某個時間 進行中的動作 • At 8 o’clock yesterday • At 12 o’ clock last night
I was eating at 7 o’clock yesterday.
Past Continuous Tense is used: 2. For two actions which were happening at the same time in the past. 過去兩個動作同時發生， 且都持續一段時間。 (前後都是過去進行式 )
The man was singing the girl was dancing.
3. For a past action which was in progress when another action interrupted it. We use Past Continuous for the interrupted action and Past Simple for the action which interrupts it.
the boy was fishing, he hurt his head. The boy was fishing he hurt his head.
Kitty was walking, she saw a bird. Kitty was walking she saw a bird.
if clause 過去式 (條件 2) main clause • would +原動詞 • can→could +原動詞 • may →might +原動詞
條件 2 不可能的事 /不可能發生的 If clause (be) 如果我是一隻小鳥… If I were a bird, I would fly to Beijing. If Tom were a bee, he might work hard. If Sue were a cat, she could catch the rat. If he were a millionaire, he would help you. 條件 2 if clause(be) 全部用 were!
can + 原動詞 John can buy the house if he has enough money. ( can buy ) 現在式 條件 1
(buy) 條件 1 將來式 現在式 John will buy the house if he has enough money. 過去式 would +原動詞 If John had enough money, he would buy the house. 條件 2
1. _____ to been Have you ever ______(be) Japan before? ever(曾經) 現在完成式 has just _____(clean) cleaned 2. She _____ the floor. just (剛剛) 現在完成式 does not rise 3. The sun _______(not rise) in the west. will move 4. The Chan Family ______(move) home next month (下一個月) 將來式
likes (like) to 5. He ______ 6. 「to +原動詞」 _____(draw). draw for (已有) 現在完成式 have waited I _______(wait) for the bus for ten minutes. 「to +原動詞 need 」 buy I ____(need) to _______(buy) some bread. need-沒有進行形式的動詞 7. …while…(前後都是過去進行式) 8. While I _______(watch)TV, was watching was drawing my sister ______(draw).
(條件 1 ) 現在式 將來式 not go 9. If it _____(be) rainy, we shall ______(not go) is hiking. were playing 10. My friends and I ______(play) games at nine last night. was walking 11. When I ______(walk) on met the street, I ____(meet) Miss Lei.
現在完成式 since 過去式 have lived 12. I______(live) in Taipa was since I ____(be) five. were not 13. We ______(not /be) at home yesterday.