- Slides: 16
Task 1 Tongue-twister (practice speaking) 1. I wish you were a fish which is in my dish. 2. I thought a thought, but the thought that I thought wasn’t the thought that I thought. 3. A pleasant place to place a plaice is a place where a plaice is pleased to be placed. 4. A good cook could cook as many cookies as a good cook who could cookies.
1. I wish you were a fish ( which is in my dish. ) 2. I thought a thought, but the thought� that I thought� wasn't the thought � that I thought. � 3. A pleasant place to place a plaice is a place � where a plaice is pleased to be placed. � 4. A good cook could cook as many cookies as a good cook � who could cookies. �
Look at the following sentences and discuss with your partner, and then try to fill out the form. 1. This is a new play which attracts a good deal of criticism. 2. This is a thing that many people need to learn more knowledge from. 3. He got married last year and his wife is a tall girl who is a teacher. 4. He will never forget the day when he won his first medal in music. 5. He is a man whose parents were singers in their youth.
6. Once he worked for the Houston Rockets where he was a key basketball player. 7. The subject which he liked best when he was a student was music. 8. All the people that come from the country work much harder. 9. I have many friends to whom I’m going to send post cards. 10. The house whose roof is red is my home.
Choose the best answer 1. Between the lecture is 20 minutes’ break, ____ the students can get relaxed. A. where B. that C. which D. when 2. The book ____ Tom wants to buy is shown on the screen. A. that B. who C. whom D. whose
3. The place _______I visited before has changed greatly. A. where B. in which C. that D. in that 4. The girl _____have gone to London lives with her grandmother. A. that her parents B. who her parents C. whose parents D. her parents
5. We shall attend the meeting ____is to be held tomorrow. A. when B. who C. where D. which 6. The boy ___I borrowed the book is his brother. A. that B. whom C. which D. from whom
Correct the sentences 1. I’ll never forget the days that I joined the League. when 2. There are two rooms on the third floor , one of them is used as a meeting room. which 3. May I use the dictionary that you bought it yesterday?
4. My mother works in the school where we visited yesterday. that/which 5. The house which surface is painted white whose is our classroom. 6. I took part in the English corner that I met many friends. where
Look at your paper and make sentences.
Read the following passage and then underline the Attributive Clause.
My friend I have a good friend whose name is Li Hua. She lives in a small village where there are many trees. I began to like her on the first day when we came to this school. Li Hua is a successful student whose favorite subject is English. She is also a very helpful girl who is ready to help others. She is the right person that you can turn to for help when you are in trouble. The reason why I like her is that she is kind and considerate. This is my good friend. What about yours?
Homework Write a passage about your friend and try to use the Attributive Clause to make it better.