- Slides: 14
Smart. Find Express Absence System
Smart. Find Express is an absence entry system in which all employees are responsible for entering or calling in their own absences. As soon as you are aware of a date in which you will be absent it is best to record your absence as soon as possible in hopes to ensure substitute coverage.
How to Register • If you have not yet registered with Smart. Find Express please follow these steps: • Call 315 -849 -3614 • The system will ask you for your Access ID & PIN, both are set by your Employee ID • Once you have entered your Access ID two times followed by the (*) the system will prompt you to record your name and enter in a new PIN. • The PIN #’s can be 4 – 9 numerical digits • Save your PIN # to have available for the future. • If you ever forget your PIN from the website click : Trouble Signing In?
How to Record An Absence • Once registered there are two ways in which you can report your absence: • Calling 315 -849 -3614 – Enter in Access ID & PIN followed by the (*) • Online > Main District Website > Quicklinks > Smart. Find Express Absence System – Enter Access ID & PIN • http: //syracuse. eschoolsolutions. com/log. On. Init. Action. do • A security feature has been added when logging in. • Once entering your Access ID & PIN, click “I’m not a robot’’, match the photos, once a Green check mark is in the box click Submit
• Calling in your absence: The system will have prompts for you to select. At the end of the recording if you do not receive a job number, the absence is not reported.
Review/Cancel or Modify absence over the phone – 315 -849 -3614
• Entering absence online • Click Create an Absence • Choose appropriate Reason , Start and End time (if different). • Taking a half day change the start and end times. • Absences are to be entered as Full or Half Days • Leave days checked – the system recognizes time needed by the date. Only uncheck the days If you are taking certain days within a the date range. • If a sub is not required click NO • Add lesson plans/special instructions by click Browse (max file = 512 K) • Click Continue
• Confirmation Information • Ensure the information is entered, if something needs to be changed click cancel and the absence will need to be entered again.
• Absence Successfully created– Receive job number • An email will be sent to your district email with confirmation of the absence creation.
Review/Cancel or Modify absence online • Once an absence is created you can only add instructions or an attachment. If the reason/date/time needs to be adjusted the job will need to canceled and entered again.
Review Absences Enter Date Range – Click. Search List View – displays all absences in a list view Calendar View – displays all absences in a calendar view Click Prev or Next Month
• Absence Approval – absences that are pending approval or you have received approval (Personal Day or Health Screen). • The below absence is a pending personal day request. If absence has not been approved contact your supervisor/administrator:
Consecutive Personal Days • Per Unit 1 Contract: Use of consecutive personal leave days, except for reasons of family illness, shall be granted only after an employee has filed a request, in writing, with the Personnel Department stating reasons for such absence. Requests which do not meet the intent of the use of personal leave (below) or are not filed sufficiently in advance will be denied. • Teachers shall be required to notify their building principal, or his/her designee, of their intention of using a personal leave day at least five (5) school days prior to the date of the leave, except under unusual circumstances. Although reasons need not be stated by the employee, it is understood and agreed that the purpose of this Article is to permit a employee to attend to personal matters which cannot be accomplished during other than normal working.
Request Use of Consecutive Personal Days Main District website > Quicklinks > Human Resources > Employee Services • Fill out electronic WUFOO form with documentation