- Slides: 25
SHARING w/t NEU FROM Ms. DUONG KIEU OANH FTU K 35 STUDENT HEAD OF PRC CENTERS – FPT SOFTWARE CO. BUSINESS CONTROL OF PRC – IBM CO.
Agenda � Overall on FPT Software � Lifelong learnings � Procurement Professional Roles
Highlight about FPT Software FPT Information System FPT Telecom FPT Trading FPT Retail • Customers Served : ~ 8000 projects worldwide, 40 of which are Fortune 500; • Average Customer Satisfactory Score (CSS): 90/100 Founded: The leading ICT Corporation in Vietnam 1988 Public listed: Dec 2006 on VNSE Revenue: USD 1. 8 billion (2015) FPT Software: 181 Million (2015) Staff: 27, 000~ FPT Software: 10, 000 Development Centers: Vietnam, Philippines, Myanmar, Slovakia FPT Education HCMC Center: 2, 500 staffs FPT Online R&D investment: 400+ clients with 40+ Fortune 500 s
FPT Software - Campus F-Town in Saigon Hi-Tech Park FPT Campus in Hoa Lac FPT Complex in Da Nang
What is Lifelong learning? Lifelong learning is the "ongoing, voluntary, and self-motivated" pursuit of knowledge for either personal or professional reasons. Therefore, it not only enhances social inclusion, active citizenship, and personal development, but also self-sustainability, as well as competitiveness and employability.  Evolved from the term "life-long learners", created by Leslie Watkins and used by Professor Clint Taylor (CSULA) and Superintendent for the Temple City Unified School District's mission statement in 1993, the term recognizes that learning is not confined to childhood or the classroom but takes place throughout life and in a range of situations. Allen Tough (1979), Canadian educator and researcher, asserts that almost 70% of learning projects are self-planned.  During the last fifty years, constant scientific and technological innovation and change has had profound effects on how learning is understood. Learning can no longer be divided into a place and time to acquire knowledge (school) and a place and time to apply the knowledge acquired (the workplace).  Instead, learning can be seen as something that takes place on an ongoing basis from our daily interactions with others and with the world around us. It can create and shapeshift into the form of formal learning or informal learning, or selfdirected learning.
Source � 9 Lifelong Learning Skills for Beyond School and Where to Work on Them � by Lee Watanabe-Crockett | Apr 30, 2018 � The purpose of education is to teach students lifelong learning skills that will help them navigate careers and relationships in their post-school lives. � Aside from teaching core subjects, there are many important skills that are valuable to becoming successful. � Here are 9 lifelong learning skills that can come in handy for future endeavours in life beyond school.
Topic � 1. Basic Computer Skills � 2. Speed Reading � 3. Time Management � 4. Effective Study Skills � 5. Financial Management Skills � 6. Negotiation Skills � 7. Mental Wellness/Stress Management � 8. Writing a Resume � 9. Searching the Web
1. Basic Computer Skills � Not educating people on basic computer skills means sending them into the world unprepared for technology. Today, people need computers to communicate, find important information, and perform the most basic of tasks. � As far as programming science goes, that’s also a big consideration. Technology is the biggest trend of this century and lacking such computer skills can deprive students of many incredible employment opportunities in a swiftly growing industry. � E-learning for Kids � Code. org � Code Academy
2. Speed Reading � It means using techniques that will improve one’s ability to read more quickly. Such techniques include subvocalization and chunking. � The main purpose here is to allow students to gather more information in less time and remember the most important parts of the material they are studying. � Mind. Tools � Spreeder � Read Speeder
3. Time Management � Teachers generally require students to finish assignments and tests in a given period of time. The older students get, the more they will need this skill to rise above the competition. � Time management can prove to be extremely beneficial since keeping schedules makes room for everything a person wants to do and has to do. � APS Institute � Daniel. Wong. com � College. Board
4. Effective Study Skills � As is the case of speed-reading, learning faster and more efficiently is also a skill we must know. � In order to be able to retain valuable knowledge to put in practice, study skills are a great benefit to any student in and out of school. � 6 Powerful Study Apps for the Digital Learner [Infographic] � 5 Collaborative Studying Strategies for Building Better Student Teams � 8 Useful Studying Strategies for Students That Don’t Enjoy Studying
5. Financial Management Skills � Handling money responsibly is a valuable thing every student needs to learn in order to manage their money in school and life in general. Finance and business classes explain such skills, but education in schools rarely covers the topic of even basic financial management skills. � Higher education barely spends any time teaching students how to handle their expenses and loans, open or maintain their bank account and balance, or be self employed. Regardless of how much they have learned for their field of work, having proper financial savvy is part of the path of life success. � Financial Post � Practical. Money. Skills. ca � My. Money. Coach (Lesson Plans)
6. Negotiation Skills � Sound like an odd one? Not really, if you consider just how much we actually negotiate with people in both personal and business relationships. We just don’t always see it as “negotiations” because of the connotations the word can sometimes have. � Education programs rarely include teaching students how to negotiate. When a student enters college or university, they are thought to possess such skills. However, negotiating is a work in progress. In order to be prepared for the world after finishing post-education, people need to work on their negotiation skills and improve them constantly. � Negotiation Skills: 3 Simple Tips On How To Negotiate � MOBI Institute � Atman. Co
7. Mental Wellness/Stress Management � When a student is not able to manage their mental health, many other problems come as a result. Since mental health teaching is not something education pays much attention to on a basic level, many students nowadays start skipping classes, getting bad grades and become anxious due to depression. � One of the best ways to avoid this is by providing relevant information and open discussion groups to students. � Learn. Psychology. org � Edutopia � Only. Healthy. com
8. Writing a Resume � Getting a job certainly does depend on skills and education, but there are many steps a student must follow before they get there. Another part of finding a job is writing a great resume. Applying for a job can be a competitive and complex process after they graduate from school. Having a resume that stands out above others can help their chances landing the job they want or need. Writing a resume requires not only writing skills, but knowledge of the best ways to present the quality of the applicant. � The Interview Guys � Rockport Institute � Resume Genius
9. Searching the Web � Teaching students how to search the Web for relevant and factual content is a thing colleges and universities generally don’t offer, despite its importance in the digital age. � The Web is filled with great information along with false and misleading “fast food facts. ” This is one of the many reasons the Global Digital Citizen Foundation developed Information Fluency, which is being used today in thousands of schools worldwide. � How to Use Information Fluency for Effective Online Research Strategies � 10 Strategic Steps For Teaching Online Research Skills to Your Learners � 12 Ways to Be More Search Savvy
Procurement Professional Roles
1. Introduction to General Procurement 20 � Procurement existence as early as human being knew how to use money to exchange for goods. � Be considered officially or unofficially � In the old times, it was organized under material/planning dept, or accounting dept… � Now: there is purchasing dept or procurement dept in every organization ©FPT SOFTWARE - Corporate Training Center - Internal Use
2. Procurement Categories & Cluster 21 Services Cluster Technical Products H 3 - Telecom D - Complementary Workforce H 4 - Connectivity J – Business Services Enterprise Cluster H 2 - ITPSM N - Technical Services J 1 – Marketing & Communications FMO - FDC C – Cafeteria T - Travel T 4 – Travel Agency R – MRO, Office Supplies T 1 - Airlines T 3 – Car Rental; T 5 – Car Lease T 2 - Hotel ©FPT SOFTWARE - Corporate Training Center - Internal Use B - Site Maintenance T 7 – Corp. Credit Card T 6 – Ground transportation J 2 – Printing Services S - Security M - Software
4. Procurement’s role grows 22 Making Up for Lost Revenue “We are doing nothing other than smart Procurement, great opportunities for savings, great opportunities for productivity enhancements and for Improving EBIT in a situation which … is revenue static” R. R. Donnelly Q 1 2004 Earnings call Top Procurement Executive Reporting to CFO or CEO earnings before interest and taxes—EBIT 33% 25% 200 4 Source: Aberdeen research ©FPT SOFTWARE - Corporate Training Center - Internal Use 200 7
4. . 3 Procurement Location in Company 23 ©FPT SOFTWARE - Corporate Training Center - Internal Use
5. Procurement’s Roles & Responsibilities 24 Supplier Selection And Fair Value Ø Using Business Sense Ø Managing the Risk Ø Reducing Liabilities to company ©FPT SOFTWARE - Corporate Training Center - Internal Use