- Slides: 39
Section A 2 a-2 d
Ø Objectives u To learn to make predictions. u To learn to express quantities with more, less, fewer. . . u To live a carbon life to protect our earth.
Ø Free talk n. 预言 n. 未来 Let’s make a prediction about the future.
He studies at home ___ on _____. computers
Let’s share more fun predictions about the future. 直升机式的帽子 可以快速地带你 到达目的地 。
2 a Listen and circle the words you hear. 1. There will be (more / less / fewer) people. 2. There will be (more / less / fewer) free time. 3. There will be (more / less / fewer) cars. 4. There will be (more / less / fewer) pollution. 5. There will be (more / less / fewer) trees.
2 b Listen again. Check (√) the predictions you hear. 1. There will be fewer people. ___ 2. There will be less free time. √ ___ 3. People will use the subways less. ___ 4. There will be more pollution. ___ 5. Cities will be very big and crowded. ___ √
Listen again, write T for true, F for false. 1. Here are some students' predictions about the future. ( T) 2. There will be more cars and subways because of more people. ( ) F 3. Less pollution will be good for the earth. ( T) 4. Countries will be big and crowded because there will be a lot more people. ( F )
2 c Make conversations about the predictions in 2 a and 2 b. A: What’s your prediction about the future? B: I think there will be more pollution. A: Really? I don’t think so. But I think there will be fewer trees.
Which opinion do you agree? There will be more trees on the _____. earth
There will be fewer trees in the future.
There will be less pollution in the future.
There will be more pollution in the future.
2 d Role-play the conversation. Nick: What are you reading, Jill? Jill: It’s a book about the future. Nick: Sounds cool. So what will the future be like? Jill: Well, cities will be more crowded and polluted. There will be fewer trees and the environment will be in great danger.
Nick: That sounds bad! Will we have to move to other planets? Jill: Maybe. But I want to live on the earth. Nick: Me, too. Then what can we do? Jill: We can use less water and plant more trees. Everyone should play a part in saving the earth.
Read the conversation then answer the following questions. 1) What is Jill reading? He’s reading a book about the future. 2) What will the future be like according to the book? Cities will be more crowded and polluted. There will be fewer trees and the environment will be in great danger. 3) What can people do to save the earth? We can use less water and plant more trees. Everyone should play a part in saving the earth.
1. Role play the conversation in groups; 2. Role play the conversation in front of the class o t y r t d n a d a Re e h t e t i rec in n o i t sa r e v n. co s e t u n i m 0 1 5
Let’s see which group does the best.
Fill in the blanks according to the conversation. Jill is reading a book about the future. Can you imagine what ____ will the future ____ be like? Cities ___ will ___ be more crowded and polluted. There will ___ be fewer trees be in great danger. and the environment will ___ Will to move to other planets? What can we ___ we have ___ do to live on the earth? We can use less ___ water and plant a ____ more part ___ in saving ____ trees. Everyone should play ___ the earth.
Language points 1. “there be” 句型一般将来时的表达: 肯定句: There will be ＋名词(短语) 否定句: There will not / won’t be ＋ 名词(短语) 一般疑问句: — Will there be ＋名词(短语)? —Yes, there will. / No, there won’t.
Ø Will there be fewer trees? Ø There will be more people. Ø There won’t be money. Everything will be free.
2) There’s little food left. We have to buy some. There’s a little water in the cup. There will be less pollution. little，形容词, 带否定含义“很少的，几乎没有的” “小的，幼小的”，修饰不可数名词。其比较级、 最高级为不规则变化: little－less－least。 “a little”表 一些”。
3) There will be more people on the earth in the future. More and more students start to exercise more everyday to keep fit. many “许多”，修饰可数名词。 much “许多”，修饰不可数名词。 many / more 比较级、最高级为不规则变化： many / much －more－most
3. play a part in 参与某事 ► China plays a more and more important part in the world. 现在中国在世界上担负着越来越重要的角色 ► Everyone should play a part in protecting the environment.
4. What’s your prediction about the future? 你对未来有什么预测？ prediction是predict 的名词形式。有“预言、预料、预测 ”之意。 例如： ► Sales were five percent lower than predicted. 销售额比预计的低5%。 ► Newspapers predicted that Davis would be re-elected. 报纸预测戴维斯将再次当选。
5. Everyone should play a part in saving the earth. 每个人都应当尽一份力来拯救地球。 play a part in… 是一个固定结构，表示“参与……； 在……中尽自己一份力量” 例如： ► She plays an active part in teaching these poor children. 她积极参加对这些贫穷孩子的教学 作。 ► He didn’t play a part in making this decision. 他并没有参与做出此决定。
Ø Summary 1) will + do 表将来 2) There be 句型的一般将来时 — Will there be. . . ? — No, there won’t. / Yes, there will. 3) more, less, fewer的用法： 可数名词前用more/fewer，不可数名词前用 more/less.
Exercises I. 根据句意用括号内所给单词的适当形式填空。 1. — There will be more cars in the future. fewer — I disagree. I think there will be ______ (few) cars. robots 2. I think there will be_______ (robot)everywhere in 50 years. pollution 3. There will be more _____(pollution) on earth. less 4. I will have ____(little) free time next month than this month.
II. 英译汉，并写一写。 1. —Will people use money in 100 years? —No, they won’t. 2. Kids won’t go to school in the future. They’ll study at home on computers. 3. Everyone should play a part in planting trees. 4. There will be more trees here in ten years. 5. —Will there be fewer jobs for people? —Yes, there will.
Ⅲ. 填空题。 1. 明天不用上课。 be no There will ____ class tomorrow. 2. There will be a sports meeting tomorrow. (一般疑问句） be a sports meeting tomorrow? Will there ___ ______
Ø 中考链接 每个人都应该在环保方面发挥作用。(play) play a part in the Evervone should ________ environmental protection.
Homework 1. Make predictions about future life with your partner. 2. Preview the new words and phrases.