- Slides: 83
PINOCCHIO • We all know the story of Pinocchio is related to honesty very much. So we told this story to our first classes and our nursery. • The first class of Adnan made the wooden puppets at first and they made some clothes for them. They also drew different pictures of Pinocchio.
Our nursery • Our nursery prepared some puzzles of this character for you.
The Technology and Design Lesson • Our secondary part students made different works of art. We showed them on the boards of our classes.
The Crossword Puzzle • In my eighth class, we made brainstorming. We found many words related to honesty. Then we made a crossword puzzle with these words.
The White Lies • With our seventh grade students, we talked about honesty. And the students said ‘In our daily life, we say some lies. But they don’t hurt the others. So we call them as white lies. ’ • Here are some examples written by the students:
• -I had no phone. • -I haven’t got money. • -Everything is okey. • - You look so beautiful. • - I was happy to see you. • -I will call you.
• - We are close friends. • - We should meet regularly. • - I am coming. • - I knew. • - You believe me. I ‘m telling the truth. • - I die for you.
• - I have already understood. • - I cannot love anyone else. • - I am calling now. • - Stay for dinner. • - I was sad. • - If I knew, I would tell you.
• - When I called you, you weren't there. • - There is food on the cooker. • - The car blew a tire on the road. • -The clock did not ring. • - We entered now.
The contests • With our sixth grade students, we made many contests of preparing posters, searcing the stories, proverbs and sayings , writing poems, acrostics, drawing caricatures about honesty. Then we showed them on the walls of the school.
Nice words ABOUT HONESTY ∂ There is no pillow so soft as a clear conscience ∂ A half truth is a whole lie ∂ Honesty last longest ∂ Honesty is the sun of infinity. Anyway it rises. 4
� Always tell the truth. If you can’t always tell the truth, you don’t lie. � A don’t mind lying, but I hate inaccuracy. � A lie has speed, but truth has endurance. � Lying is a matter of intelligence , honesty is a matter of bravery. If your are short of intelligence to lie , try to be honest using your courage. 5
Are we really honest? ? ? Honesty refers to a facet of moral character and connotes positive and virtuous attributes such as integrity, truthfulness and straightforwardness along with the absence of lying, cheating or theft. Honesty is revered in many cultures and religions. 6
HONESTY Sometimes the truth, We are tempted to hide. Due to our guilt, Or just simple pride. Our intentions, Are not to distress. The only solution. Is to genuinely confess. An exaggeration, May lead to a lie. Those that effected, May break down and cry. If we contunie these ways. We shall never gain trust. For healthy relationsips İt’s an absoute must. When honest, We try to avoid. Relationships Are often destroyed When we have dong wrong, We should be honest and frank. People will appreciate, In the end they will they.
Maxims about honesty v“ Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom”. Thomas Jefferson v“ Honesty prospers in every condition of life” Friedrich Schiller v“Honesty is the best image”. Tom Wilson
DONKEY Bhola owns a donkey called Khandya. Bhola is a very tolerant and kind master. The donkey is lazy and is always finding ways to avoid work. Once while returning with loads of salt on his back, Khandya falls in the river. He realizes that the fall has lessened the weights of the sacks as the salt has dissolved in the water. The next few days Khandya purposely falls into the water everyday. Bhola is unhappy at the way Khandya is behaving because he is losing money in the process. He decides to teach Khandya a lesson. The next day instead of salt bags he loads Khandya with bags of cotton. Khandya is unaware of the change. As LAZY planned, he falls into the water and gets the bags wet. He is surprised to find the load unbearable. His otherwise master also starts beating him. Khandya learns his lesson and starts behaving. .
Honesty Proverbs • A clean mouth and an honest hand will take a man through any land. • German • A few things gained by fraud destroy a fortune otherwise honestly won. • Latin • A good honest man now-a-days, is but a civil word for a fool. • * • A ill wan penny will cast down a pound. • * • A man never surfeits of too much honesty.
• A nod of an honest man is enough. • * • A tower of strength is an honest man. • Bulwer • All the honesty is in the parting. • * • An honest countenance is the best passport. • * • An honest look covereth many faults. • * • An honest man does not make himself a dog for the sake of a bone. • Danish • An honest man has half as much more brains as he needs; a knave hath not half enough. • * • An honest man is always a child. • Martial
• • • An honest man is hurt by praise unjustly bestowed. French An honest man is not the worse because a dog barks at him. Danish An honest man is the noblest work of God. Pope An honest man’s word is as good as the king’s. Portuguese An honest man’s word is his bond. Dutch As honest a man as ever break bread. * • As honest a man as ever trod on shoe leather. • * • Clean hands are better than full ones in the sight of God. • Publius Syrus • Clean hands want no wash-ball. • * • He leaves his office with the beggar’s staff in his hand. • German • He that resolves to deal with none but honest men must leave all dealing.
• Honest as the cat when the meat is out of reach. • * • Honest men and knaves may possibly wear the same cloth. • * • Honest men are easily humbugged. • * • Honest men are bound, but you can never bind a knave. • * • Honest men fear neither the light nor the dark. • * • Honest men never have the love of a rogue. • * • Honest nobody is to blame for all. • * • Honesty and plain dealing put knavery out of the bias. • * • • • Honesty has stolen the cow. German Honesty is a fool and loseth that it works for. Shakespeare Honesty is nae pride.
• Honesty is praised and starves. • Latin • Honesty is the best policy. • * • Honesty is the best policy, but he who acts on that principle is not an honest man. • Archbishop Whately • Honesty lasts longest. • German • Honesty maketh rich but she works slowly. • German • Honesty may be dear bought but can never be a dear pennyworth. • * • Honesty is better than ill-gotten wealth. • * • Honesty is to many the cause of poverty. • Quintus Curtius Rufus • Hypocritical honesty goes upon stilts. • * • Knavery may serve for a turn but honesty is best at long run. • * • Let honesty and industry be thy constant companions. • Franklin
• Many an honest man stands in need of help that has not the face to beg it. • * • No honest man ever repented of his honesty. • * • No honest man has the leer of a rogue. • * • No legacy so rich as honesty. • Shakespeare • No man ever surfeited on too much honesty. • * • None can be wise and safe but he that is honest. • *
• None can be wise and safe but he that is honest. • Persevere in acting honestly for all will be made right in time. • Hans Andersen • The best investment for income is honesty. German • The man who pauses on his honesty wants little of the villain. • Martyn • They are all honest men, but my cloak is not to be found. • Spanish • To be honest as this world goes is to be one man picked out of ten thousand. • Shakespeare • We are bound to be honest but not to be rich. • You may trust him with untold gold. • You measure every man’s honesty by your own.
HONESTY Sometimes the truth, We are tempted to hide. Due to our guilt, Or just simple pride. Our intentions, Are not to distress. The only solution, Is to genuinely confess. An exaggeration, May lead to a lie. Those that affected, May break down and cry. If we continue these ways, We shall never gain trust. For healthy relationships, It’s an absolute must. When honesty, We try to avoid. Relationships, Are often destroyed. When we have done wrong, We should be honest and frank. People will appreciate, In the end they will thank.
AN HONEST WOODCUTTER A poor woodcutter accidentally dropped his axe into the river. He was very upset, as he had no money to buy another axe. Just then a fairy appeared in the river holding out a golden axe to him. "I found this axe in the river. Is this yours? “ "That's not mine", replied the woodcutter. The fairy then brought out a silver axe. The woodcutter disowned This one too. Finally, the fairy held out a wooden axe. Smiling with happiness, the woodcutter said, "That's mine. Thank You very much. “ The fairy felt very happy seeing his honesty and said, "Such honesty deserves a reward. " She gave the poor man all the three axes and disappeared. The End…
PROVERBS AND MAXIMS The truth is more important than the facts. (Frank L. Wright) If you tell the truth, you have infinite power supporting you. A harmful truth is better than a useful lie. (Thomas Mann) Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. (Jefferson) Honest prospers in every condition of life. (Friedrich Schiller)
• Honesty is the best image. • (Tom Wilson) • The lie disrupt, the honest solve. (Tamil Proverb) • Always speak the truth. (George Washington) • The expression of truth is simplicity. (Seneca)
Epigrams On Honesty • -Honesty is the sun of infinity. Anyway it rises. • -Lying is a matter of intelligence, honesty is a matter of bravery. If your are short of intelligence to lie , try to be honest using your courage. • -The tongue hasn’t bones but it breaks bones. • -Honesty is the first chapter in the back of wisdom. • -Expelled nine villages for telling the truth. • -What a man suffers is by means of his tangue. • -The tongue hasn’t bone, it says what it knows.
• • • Honesty is the sun of infinity. Anyway it rises. Lying is a matter of intelligence , honesty is a matter of bravery. If your are short of intelligence to lie , try to be honest using your courage. Honesty is the best policy. Honesty is the first chapter of the book of wisdom. If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.
• One day, while a man is walking down the street , he sees an old man with a nice looking dog. He goes over to the man and asks: “Does your dog bite ? ” the old man replies “No , never. ”. When the man bends down to stroke the dog, it immediately takes a snap at his hand. The man says “I thought you said your dog did not bite!”. “I did” replies the old man “But this isn’t my dog!”
• Child pushing himself next to his grandfather. - Grandad , will you close your eyes ? - Why should I close them , child ? - Because my mummy and daddy said, if grandaddy just closes his eyes, we will be very rich.
Good Words 1) To be honest, human self-control is in constant struggle with itself. 2) Both the body and the spirit of honest people comfortable. 3) Both in humans as well as non-clean. 4) As you look up, as you are. 5) Accuracy no idea except what You give your heart nor mind. • 6) O honesty, show me the right way. 7) Do not be afraid protecting the truth. 8) Honesty is the diamond, shines more and the value of illumination would be more specific. 9) You can fool me, but, in fact, you're fooling yourself. 10) If you're honest do not get hurt
1)Right there is some substitution string The arrival of a word if it was true, and the lack of a consistent understandable 2)Accuracy friendly gate Everybody knows everybody was friendly to him the right person that runs 3)Truth of God assistant road Rights and justice, disconnections, Almighty God always help people separated from their work accuracy Proverbs
NICE WORDS ABOUT HONESTY • “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom. ” • • (Thomas Jefferson) “Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. ” (William Shakspeare) “Honest hearts produce honest actions. ” (Brigham Young) “If you truly want honesty, don't ask questions you don't really want the answer to” (Proverb) “An honest answer is the sign of true friendship. ” (Proverb) “To make your children capable of honesty is the beginning of education. ” (John Ruskin) “Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people. ” (Spencer Johnson) “Honesty has come to mean the privilege of insulting you to your face without expecting redress. ” (Judith Martin)
POEMS ABOUT HONESTY • Honesty is like lovely flowers, Blossoming in their own trees, Fair and simple without strains; Honesty is pure inner voice, Without deflections by the self; True to conscience, honesty is; But, not truth, by itself; Soft and gentle like full moon light, Honesty is reflected conscience, Unlike sunlight of the direct truth; Honesty is always circumspect, Revolving around the conscience, Built in and sprout from integrity. Quiet and silent, Honesty prefers to bow and crawl; It is firm, yet flexible in tone, Amidst noise, comforting tune; Honesty never jumps and shouts, Grounds always to deeper depths To confirm, reconfirm fairness in it; Truth is verbal and loyal to law While honesty, loyal to justice itself, Honesty is god, the final truth. • Honesty is an unseen power, Enlightening up the souls! Moving truth to skies, And us to our goals! ! Dreams are our high desires, With passion to reach at poles! Honesty makes them come true,
HONESTY QUOTES AND SAYINGS One of the most basic core values is honesty. " Catherine Pulsifer, from Honesty A Core Value "I have found that being honest is the best technique I can use. Right up front, tell people what you're trying to accomplish and what you're willing to sacrifice to accomplish it. " Lee Iacocca "Son, always tell the truth. Then you'll never have to remember what you said the last time. " Sam Rayburn "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie; for an excuse is a lie guarded. "Alexander Pope "Who lies for you will lie against you. " Proverb "Be Silly. Be honest. Be kind. " R. W. Emerson "A lie has speed, but truth has endurance. " Edgar J. Mohn "No legacy is so rich as honesty. " William Shakespeare "A half truth is a whole lie. " Yiddish Proverb
"Our lives improve only when we take chances - and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves. " Walter Anderson "Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress. " Mahatma Gandhi "As you grew, we encouraged you to be open and direct. As you leave, never lose your honesty with those whom you speak. " Catherine and Byron Pulsifer, As You Grew "Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist. " Mary Kay Ash "If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything. " Mark Twain "I hope I shall always possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man. " George Washington
The Honesty Cookies • Our nursery prepared a dough for cookies after we made a speech with them about not telling lies and being honest. They shaped the cookies and we cooked them for you.
The Liar Shepherd • There is a famous story about a shepherd as we all know. With our drama club , we recorded a short film of ‘The Liar Shepherd’
The Liar Shepherd • Once there was a shepherd boy who had to look after a flock of sheep. One day, he felt bored and decided to play a trick on the villagers. He shouted, " Help! Wolf!" The villagers heard his cries and rushed out of the village to help the shepherd boy. When they reached him, they asked, " Where is the wolf? " The shepherd boy laughed loudly, "Ha, ha! I fooled all of you. I was only playing a trick on you. " A few days later, the shepherd boy played this trick again.
• Again he cried, " Help! Wolf!" Again, the villagers rushed up the hill to help him and again they found that boy had tricked them. They were very angry with him for being so naughty. Then, some time later, a wolf went into the field. The wolf attacked one sheep, and then another and another. The shepherd boy ran towards the village shouting, " Help! Wolf! Help!, somebody!" The villagers heard his cries but they laughed because they thought it was another trick. The boy ran to the nearest villager and said, " A wolf is attacking the sheep. I lied before, but this time it is true!" Finally, the villagers went to look. It was true. They could see the wolf running away and many dead sheep lying on the grass.