- Slides: 41
Active & Passive Voice ������� Active & Passive Voice ����� � �������� Active Voice ���� Passive Voice ���������� Active Voice ������� Passive Voice �� Tense ���� � ������� By Get-passive ����
���� Write A in front of Active Voice Sentence. (����� A �� � ������ � �Active Voice) Write P in front of Passive Voice Sentence. (����� P �� � ������ � �Passive Voice) _____ 1. Johnny is singing. _____ 2. They have studied English for 5 years. _____ 3. David and Peter will play volleyball with Jim. _____ 4. My dictionary was stolen. _____ 5. The dinner will be cooked by my father. ���� 1. A 2. A 3. A 4. P 5. P
���� � �������� Active Voice �� � �Passive Voice . 1�������� Active Voice ���� � �������� Passive Voice �� � � Active Voice : John eats bread. Passive Voice : Bread is eaten by John. 2. ����������� Active Voice �� � ����� 3 ������ � ���� Verb to be ��� � ��������� (���� �Verb to be ������� � ��������� Passive Voice ��� Tense ���������� Active Voice) �� � � Active Voice : John eats bread Passive Voice : Bread is eaten by John.
3. ��������� Active Voice ���� � ������� Passive Voice ����� � �by ����� � � Active Voice : John eats bread. Passive Voice : Bread is eaten by John. ** �� �������� Active Voice �� � ���� (Pronouns) �������� � ����� Passive Voice ��� � ����������� �� � � Active Voice : He ate bread. Passive Voice : Bread was eaten by him.
���� Write P in front of the Passive Voice Sentences. (����� P �� � ������ � �Passive Voice) _____ 1. We built this house. _____ 2. This house was built last year. _____ 3. This house hasn’t been used. ���� 1. ������� Passive Voice 2. P 3. P
���� Change these sentences into Passive Voice. (������� �� � �Passive Voice) ���� 1. Nancy can cook Thai food. 1. Thai food can be cooked by Nancy. 2. Jenny will make a doll. 2. A doll will be made by Jenny. 3. He should do his homework. 3. His homework should be done by him. 4. Nancy is cooking Thai food. 4. Thai food is being cooked by Nancy. 5. John speaks English. 5. English is spoken by John. 6. She made a doll. 6. A doll was made by her.
����� Active Voice ������� Passive Voice �� Tense ���� � Tense Presente Simple is , am, are + V 3 ������ The teacher punishes the boy. The boy is punished by the teacher. Present Continuous is, am, are + being + V 3 The painters are painting our house Our house is being painted by the painters. Present Perfect has, have + been + V 3 They have built a new hotel A new hotel has been built by them Present Perfect Continuous has, have + been + being +V 3 Trenton Company has been Bikes have been being made by
Past Simple was , were + V 3 Past Continuous was , were + being + V 3 Past Perfect had + been + V 3 Past Perfect Continuous My sister wrote a letter. A letter was written by my sister. While John was introducing me, the telephone rang. While I was being introducing by John, the telephone rang. Theguests had eaten all the food. All the food had been eaten by the Mr. Trevor had been teaching. English in Jamiaca for many years before he moved to Thailand English had been being taught by Mr. Trevor in jamaica for many years before he moved to thailand.
Future Simple had + been + being + V 3 "going to" future is, am, are +going to + be + V 3 Future Continuous will be + being + V 3 Future perfect Continuous will have been being + V 3 Will Mary invite Jack to her party? Will Jack be invited by Mary to her party? They are going to widen the bridge The bridge is going to be widenedby them. They will be mowing the grass at two o'clock tomorrow. The grass will be being mown at two o'clock tomorrow by them. By next year they'll have been building that road for a year. By next year that raod will have been being built by them for a year.
�������� Passive Voice ����������� by ������ at, in, of, with �������������� - He was asked of a lot of questions by the police. - I am pleased at (with) your progress. -The workers were killed in the fire. - The hill is covered with snow
��������� (Verbs of Incomplete) ���� become ���� q She became a singer. ����� A singer ����������������� (Complement) ������������ a singer �������� A singer was become (by her). * ������ happen , occur , take place , cost ������ Passive Voice
Get-passive ����������� Passive voice ������ get ��� verb to be �������������� Getpassive ������� + get + past participle ( ����� 3) Be-passive Get-passive ������������� Susan's ring was stolen last night. Susan's ring got stolen last night. Peter was hit by a car this morning. Peter got hit by a car this morning. I am never invited to the party. I never get invited to the party.
������������ Get-passive �������������������� ���� q q q Our house was built in 1970. ������� Our house got built in 1970. The store is closed on Sundays. ������� The store gets closed on Sundays. I was given a map before I left the hotel. ������� I got given a map before I left the hotel.
Get-passive ����������� ��������� ���� q q Bobby got dressed and left for school. Bobby ������� ( ����� ) ������� Mary got married at the church last year. Mary ������������������ q q Bobby was dressed by his mother and left for school. Mary was married by Father Smith at the church last year. ������ Get-passive
���� ��� A Choose the correct verb or phrase to complete the following sentences. 1. Tony…………. to the party last night. a. invited b. invites c. was inviting d. was invited 2. We can……………. . the car here. a. parked b. park c. be parked d. be parking
3. We…………. . the room by electricity. a. heats b. heated c. are heated d. are heating 4. Children un sixteen will not………………. . a. admit b. admitted c. be admitted d. be admitting 5. The rainstorm………………. our camps. a. is flooded b. flood c. is flooding d. flooded
6. The trains………………by fog. a. held up b. hold up c. were held up d. were helding up 7. Jermy………………. last night while he was resting. a. calls in b. called in c. were called in d. were calling in 8. He……………. . in his bed. a. was sleeping b. was slept c. sleep d. is slept
9. Burglars…………. . into the house. a. was broken b. break c. was breaking d. broke 10. New department stores……………. every year. a. are building b. are built c. build d. built ������� ������ A 1. d 2. b 3. b 4. c 5. d 6. c 7. c 8. a 9. d 10. b
���� ��� B 1. They took the car. Active voice Passive voice 2. They have made mistakes. Active voice Passive voice 3. She was given a cat. Active voice Passive voice 4. They will not build the house. Active voice Passive voice
5. Tickets are not sold here. Active voice Passive voice 6. You may drink that milk. Active voice Passive voice 7. Those windows must be shut. Active voice Passive voice 8. This bus cannot be sold. Active voice Passive voice
9. The books have been sent to Japan. Active voice Passive voice 10. The books will be bought. Active voice Passive voice 11. My homework is corrected by my English teacher. Active voice Passive voice 12. The truck is being driven by Tony. Active voice Passive voice
13. They are repairing the television set. Active voice Passive voice 14. They will sell the buses. Active voice Passive voice 15. Janjira broke the dishes. Active voice Passive voice ���������� ������� B 1. Active voice 2. Active voice 3. Passive voice 4. Active voice 5. Passive voice 6. Active voice 7. Passive voice 8. Passive voice 9. Passive voice 10. Passive voice 11. Passive voice 12. Passive voice 13. Active voice 14. Active voice 15. Active voice
����� ��� C 1. Detroit ___ Motown in the past. a. was called b. is called c. called d. is calling 2. Detroit ___ as the first capital city of Michigan, but now Lansing is the capital city of Michigan. a. chosen b. was chosen c. have been chosen 3. The university of Michigan is one of the best universities in the United States and it ___ in Ann Arbor. a. located b. location c. is located
4. In the year 2003, Western Michigan University located in Kalamazoo, Michigan ___ with the opportunity of being one hundred years old. a. will be celebrating b. will have a celebration c. will have been celebrated 5. The five great lakes of the world ___ in Michigan. a. can find b. can be found c. can found 6. The University of Michigan and Michigan State University are famous for their football teams. ___ of them are ranked highly in the United States. a. Both b. Among c. Neither d. All
7. Michigan has three big lakes. They are Lake Michigan, Lake Huron, and Lake Erie. ___ of them have wonderful scenery in the Fall. a. Both b. Neither c. All 8. You ___ more careful when you go to Detroit at night because there a lots of drive-by shootings. a. might be b. must be c. may be d. should be
9. You ___ winter clothes to visit the state of Michigan in December because the weather is so cold. a. should bring b. would bring c. could bring d. bring 10. You ___ cars on Mackinac Island in Michigan. a. may not see b. may not seen c. might not seen d. may not have seen ����� C 1 a 2 b 3 c 4 a 5 b 6 a 7 c 8 d 9 a 10 a
����� ��� D �������� Active Voice ������ Passive Voice 1. I read a book every day. 2. He will write his letter in the eveniing. 3. Dak has opened the door. 4. They are playing football now. 5. She was cleaning a chair.
6. You had sent a parcel. 7. The horse kicked the naughty boy. 8. I ordered to do this. 9. We speak English every day. 10. Amnat likes coffee and tea.
����� D 1. A book is read by me every day. 2. His letter will be writtten by him in the evening. 6. A parcel had been seen by you. 7. The naughty boy was kicked by the hourse. 8. This was ordered to be done by me. 3. The door has been opened by Sak. 9. English is spoken by us every day. 4. Football is being played by them now. 10. Coffee and tea are liked by amnat 5. A chair was being cleaned by her.