Our Our Solar System By Grace Leslie Our

  • Slides: 16
Download presentation
Our. Our Solar System!! By: Grace Leslie

Our. Our Solar System!! By: Grace Leslie

Our Solar System! • There are 8 planets in our solar system. • They

Our Solar System! • There are 8 planets in our solar system. • They are Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn , Uranus , and Neptune.

Inner Planets • Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars are the planets In the inner

Inner Planets • Mercury, Venus, Earth, and Mars are the planets In the inner solar system. • The planets located in the inner solar system are located before a asteroid belt that separates Mars ad Jupiter. • They have a hotter climate than the outer planets because they are farther away from the sun.

Inner Planets cont. • Mercury-Has a rough surface, it is the color grey, and

Inner Planets cont. • Mercury-Has a rough surface, it is the color grey, and has no clouds. Mercury is very hot since it is the closest planet to the sun. • Venus- has a smooth surface in some places, is shrouded by thick clouds. • Earth-has 1 moon, no rings, has light, and is the only planet in our solar system that can support life. • Mars- Known as the Red planet since it is the color red. Has no rings but has 2 moons.

Mercury Venus Earth Mars

Mercury Venus Earth Mars

Outer Planets in our Solar System • The planets in the outer soar system

Outer Planets in our Solar System • The planets in the outer soar system are Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, and Neptune. • They are located after the asteroid belt that separates Mars and Jupiter. • The climate is usually colder in the outer planets since they farther away from the sun than the inner planets.

Outer planets cont. • Jupiter- It is the biggest planet in our solar system.

Outer planets cont. • Jupiter- It is the biggest planet in our solar system. Has 3 small rings and has 63 known moons. • Saturn- has a huge ring, 50 identified moons, and is a gas giant. • Uranus- is a greenish blue color and has a ring. Also has 27 moons. • Neptune- Is a blue color. It is the farthest planet from the sun.

Saturn Jupiter Uranus Neptune

Saturn Jupiter Uranus Neptune

Earth Surface • Earth is the only planet in our solar system that currently

Earth Surface • Earth is the only planet in our solar system that currently supports life!! • 70% of Earth’s surface is covered in water. The other 30% is land. • There are 5 oceans on Earth. They are: • Pacific Ocean • Atlantic Ocean • Southern Ocean • Artic Ocean

Earth’s Surface • The largest ocean is the Pacific Ocean. • The smallest ocean

Earth’s Surface • The largest ocean is the Pacific Ocean. • The smallest ocean is the Artic Ocean. • Earth is home to many diverse landscapes. It is home to deep canyons (The Grand Canyon), huge mountains (Mt. Everest), deep lakes, and long winding rivers. • How are Canyons formed? Canyons are formed by rivers. • Earth has very diverse temperatures, too varying from snow, sun, rain, or sleet.

Mar’s Surface • Mars has many volcanoes, craters, and crustal movement. • Mars largest

Mar’s Surface • Mars has many volcanoes, craters, and crustal movement. • Mars largest volcanoes is the Olympus Mons and has a big canyon system called the Valles Marineris. • The first spacecraft to visit Mars was the Mariner 4. • Mars lacks plate tectonics.

Mar’s Surface Did You Know? !!? • Scientists think Mars experienced huge floods 3.

Mar’s Surface Did You Know? !!? • Scientists think Mars experienced huge floods 3. 5 billion years ago. • Mars got it’s name after the Roman god of war called Ares since the planet is the color red. • Mars does not currently have any oceans.

Curiosity • Curiosity is a robot that weighs 2, 000 pounds. • It has

Curiosity • Curiosity is a robot that weighs 2, 000 pounds. • It has many different mechanical parts like wheels, arms, lenses, and even a laser that can drill into rocks! • It’s purpose is to find if there was ever any life on Mars and to find information about Mars atmosphere, surface, etc. • Curiosity has found strange patterns in rock that suggest there was a river there.

Difference Between Earth & Mars • Mars does not have any magnetic poles. •

Difference Between Earth & Mars • Mars does not have any magnetic poles. • Earth has a very diverse population of different creatures. • Earth has a different atmosphere than Mars. • Earth is bigger than Mars. • Earth has more gravity than Mars.

How Earth & Mars are the Same • Mars and Earth are both located

How Earth & Mars are the Same • Mars and Earth are both located in the inner solar system. • They do not have rings. • Mars and Earth both have moons. • Each planet has roughly the same amount of surface area.

Hope you Liked The Slideshow!

Hope you Liked The Slideshow!