- Slides: 128
Our friendship ______ our high school days. A. is dated back to B. dates from C. is dated from D. dates 【 解 析 】 选 B。 句 意 为 ： 我 们 的 友 谊 始 于 中 学 时 代 。 date from/back to无被动语态，且多用于一般现在时。
—Can I help you, sir? —These shoes are too ______ and I need a bigger pair. A. loose B. delicate C. exotic D. tight 【解析】选D。答句句意：这些鞋子太紧了，我想要一双大一 点的。loose松的；delicate精美的；精致的；exotic奇怪的；怪 异的；tight紧的。
—How did you like Nick’s performance last night? —To be honest, his singing didn’t ______ to me much. [2010安徽，23］ A. appeal B. belong C. refer D. occur 【解析】选A。本题考查动词辨析。appeal to 意为“吸引”； belong to意为“属于”；refer to意为“提到；涉及”；occur to意 为“突然想到”。 句意为“他的演唱并不怎么吸引我。”
Parents ______ much importance to education. They will do their best to give their children that priceless gift. [2010江西，25］ A. attach B. pay C. link D. apply 【解析】选A。考查动词短语搭配。句意：父母认为教育很重 要。他们会尽全力给他们的孩子那份无价的礼物。attach much importance to. . . 认为……很重要；link. . . to. . . 把…… 与……联系起来；apply. . . to. . . 运用，应用。
Many rich Americans have long ______ money to charities, rather than to their children. [2010吉林高三检测］ A. given up B. given off C. given out D. given away 【解析】选D。考查动词词组辨析。give up放弃；give off发出 (光，热等)；give out发出(气味，热等)；分发；give away 捐 赠；泄露秘密；由句意可知D项正确。
Not only ______ interested in football, but also ______ beginning to show interest in it. A. the teacher himself is; all his students are B. the teacher himself is; are all his students C. is the teacher himself; are all his students D. is the teacher himself; all his students are 【解析】选D。not only. . . but also. . . 连接两个并列分句时， 前一个分句以否定词开头，应用倒装语序，后一个分句不是以 否定词开头，不用倒装语序。
2. David threatened ______ his neighbour to the police if the damages were not paid. ［ 2009上海，39］ A. to be reported B. reporting C. to report D. having reported 【解析】选C。句意：大卫威胁说，如果这些损坏没有得到 赔偿，他就把邻居告到警察那里去。threaten后需加不定式 作宾语；David和report之间是主动关系，故选C。
5. Enough attention should be paid to ______ your pronunciation and intonation. A. improve B. improving C. improved D. be improved 【解析】选B。该题考查固定短语pay attention to的用法，其 中to为介词，后面应接动名词结构作宾语。
7. I think ______ necessary to learn English well. A. its B. it C. that D. that is 【解析】选B。it 作形式宾语来代替后面的真正宾语，即不定 式短语to learn English well。
9. He apologized for ______ to attend the meeting yesterday. A. his being not able B. him not to be able C. his not being able D. him to be not able 【解析】选C。介词for后加动名词作宾语，动名词的否定形 式是在其前加not，“物主代词his+动名词的否定式”构成动名 词的复合结构。
10. —Your bedroom needs ______ ，darling. —Yes，Mum，it does. And it is also what I want to have ______ for long. A. to be cleaned; it cleaned B. cleaning; cleaned C. being cleaned; to be cleaned D. cleaning; it cleaned
11. Mr. Smith is considering ______ a computer，which is considered ______ a great help in our work and study. A. to buy; to be B. buying; to be C. to buy; being D. buying; being 【解析】选B。表示“考虑做某事”时，consider后接动名词作 宾语，所以第一个空用buying；表示“认为……是……”时， consider的使用结构为consider. . . to be. . . ，此处为被动语态， 故答案为B。
12. When asked by the police，he said that he remembered ______ at the party，but not ______. A. to arrive; leaving B. to arrive; to leave C. arriving; leaving D. arriving; to leave 【解析】选C。句意：当警察询问时，他说他记得去了那个 聚会，但是不记得离开了。remember doing“记得做了某事”； remember to do“记得去做某事”。故选C。
13. I really appreciate ______ a great effort to come to help us with the problem. A. your making B. you made C. you to make D. your being made 【解析】选A。考查动词appreciate的用法。appreciate doing sth. ，doing前面可以加形容词性物主代词或宾格形式。另外 you和make是主动关系，所以用v. -ing形式。
Ⅱ. 用所给词的适当形式填空 1. Tom devoted what he had to setting (set) up his own company. 2. My daughter enjoys playing (play) the piano. 3. Remember to buy (buy) some stamps，won’t you? 4. Do you really mean to leave (leave) home? 5. The trees and flowers need watering/to be watered (water).
6. Do you mind my opening (open) the door? 7. We don’t allow smoking (smoke) here. 8. I’m very sorry I missed seeing (see) my aunt off at the airport. 9. She couldn’t help crying (cry) at the bad news. 10. Will you admit having broken (have broken) the window?
Ⅰ. 单词拼写 1. That was only a casual (偶然的)meeting. 2. We advertised (做广告) our second-hand computer on the newspaper. 3. What’s the basis (根据) of this theory? 4. What’s the feature (特色) of the small mountain village? 5. His conscience (良心) pricked him because he had cheated on the exam.
6. The pyramids (金字塔) in Egypt are very famous in the world. 7. She attached (把……附在) a stamp to the envelope and mailed it. 8. We should appeal (呼吁) to the public to save energy. 9. We all know that man has evolved (进化) from the ape. 10. The crops need irrigation/irrigating (灌溉) at once.
Ⅱ. 单句改错 1. He lives in a distance village. 2. All these actions conflicted the international laws. 3. This is a restrict against smoking in schools. 4. He speaks English with great fluently. 答案： 1. distance→distant 2. conflicted 后加with 3. restrict→restriction 4. fluently→fluency
5. French Catholic missionaries began to set themselves in China. 6. He lent $50 for me. 7. So he walked on and found another seat to sit. 答案： 5. themselves后加up 6. for→to 7. sit后加on
8. How about the two of us take a walk down the garden? 9. I don’t regret tell him what I thought even if it might have upset him. 10. They postponed send an answer to a request. 答案： 8. take→taking 9. tell→telling 10. send→sending
Ⅲ. 单项填空 1. The Prince and the Frog is a fairy musical that ______ the days when Walt Disney was a person，not a brand. ［ 2010马鞍山高三检测］ A. was dated back to B. dates back to C. has been dating from D. had dated from
3. You are driving me mad，Jack! My patience is ______. A. breaking out B. making out C. getting out D. giving out 【解析】选D。考查动词词组辨析。break out爆发；make out辨认出；理解；get out出去；(由车子上)下来；give out( 食物、燃料、力量等)用尽，用完；筋疲力尽。故D项符合句 意。
4. It was along the Mississippi River ______ Mark Twain spent much of his childhood. A. how B. which C. that D. where 【解析】选C。句意：正是在密西西比河沿岸马克·吐温度过 了他孩提时候的大部分时光。考查强调句式，被强调部分是 along the Mississippi River。
8. An important ______ of Van Gogh’s paintings is their bright colors. A. virtue B. feature C. fact D. appearance 【解析】选B。virtue“价值”；feature“特征”；fact“事实”； appearance“外表”。句意为：梵高油画的一个重要特征是色 彩鲜明。结合句意，B项正确。
9. Rockall is a deserted island ______ lies northwest of mainland Scotland. [2010北京高三检测] A. what B. where C. which D. whom 【 解 析 】 选 C。 先 行 词 是 island表 地 点 ， 考 虑 用 关 系 副 词 where，但关系副词不能作lies的主语，故要用关系代词which。
10. —I’m still working on my project. —Oh，you’ll miss the deadline. Time is ______. A. running out B. going out C. giving out D. losing out 【解析】选A。考查动词词组辨析。run out用完，耗尽; go out出去；give out分发；lose out损失。只有A项符合句意。
Ⅳ. 完形填空 ［ 2010合肥高三检测］ Growing roots When I was growing up，I had an old neighbor named Dr. Gibbs. He didn’t look like any doctor I’d 1 known. When Dr. Gibbs wasn’t 2 lives，he was planting trees.
The good doctor had some interesting theories 3 planting trees. He believed in “No pains，no gains”. He never 4 his new trees，which was 5 many people. Once I 6 why. He answered that watering plants spoiled them，and that if you water them，each following tree generation will grow 7. So you have to make things 8 for them. He talked about how watering trees 9 shallow roots，and how trees that weren’t watered had to grow deep roots in 10 of water. I took him to mean that deep roots were to be 11. I
planted a couple of trees a few years back and I took good care of them. Two years of devotion has 12 trees that expect to be waited on hand foot. Whenever a cold wind blows， they 13 and tremble their branches. Funny things about those trees of Dr. Gibbs’. The lack of water seemed to 14 them in ways comfort and ease never 15.
I used to pray for my sons that their lives will be 16. But lately I’ve been thinking that it’s time to change my 17. I know my children are going to meet 18 ，and I’m praying they will be strong. The prayer for comfort is 19 met. What we need to do is to pray for deep roots，so when the winds blow，we won’t be 20 away.
1. A. even B. ever C. never D. hardly 【解析】选B。ever 曾经，多与完成时态连用。 2. A. taking B. making C. enjoying D. saving 【解析】选D。由上文Dr. Gibbs和He didn’t look like any doctor可知他是个医生，是来救人性命的。
7. A. weaker and weaker B. stronger and stronger C. taller and taller D. happier and happier 【解析】选A。由上文的watering plants spoiled them和下文 shallow roots可知，他认为给树浇水会使树木的根扎的很浅， 所以会越来越弱。 8. A. easy B. comfortable C. tough D. wonderful 【解析】选C。由上文可知他认为应该使树的生长环境艰苦 些，从而刺激树木生长得更好。
9. A. made for B. made out C. brought down D. brought up 【解析】选A。make for 导致。根据上文他的理论和下文how trees that weren’t watered had to grow deep roots. . . 可知给 树浇水会导致根系很浅。 10. A. charge B. favor C. case D. search 【解析】选D。in search of 寻找。由句意可知树木的根系向 下生长来寻找水。