- Slides: 11
Motivation Top 10
1. Why Now � Identify your own powerful motivators ◦ Why is it important to make changes ◦ Why do you want to make changes
2. Set Goals � Write goals in a positive manner � Make goals measurable ◦ Example: I will walk 4 days per week for 30 minutes each day. ◦ Post you goals where you will see them
3. Start Small � Greatest source of motivation is seeing progress � Ask yourself what is the smallest goal I can start with. � Goals provide direction not perfection
4. Be consistent � Consistency creates habits � Create a to do list and treat it like a commitment. � Keep your goals interesting and exciting.
5. Be flexible � Don’t wait for the perfect time to make a change � Make it work � When life gets in the way be flexible and make adjustments.
6. Use reminders � Create reminders to keep yourself motivated ◦ pictures ◦ Alarms ◦ calanders
7. Anticipate challenges � Set yourself up for success not for failure � Plan and prepare � Learn from what works and what doesn’t
8. Team up � Buddy system ◦ Get motivation from others and offer motivation to them ◦ Hold each other accountable ◦ Support groups
9. Be patient � It takes time � The more you stick with it the more natural it will become � It will get better and easier
10. Reward yourself � Create incentive- small and big � Celebrate your success