- Slides: 9
Level 3 Certificate Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools Tutor: Kate Jones
Personal development Explore new task book and identify easier/harder LO
ILP The ILP (individual learning plan) document covers a large part of this unit – so we need to ensure it is a quality piece of evidence by regularly reviewing and updating Review target 1 Set target 2 Hand in to Kate when completed
1. 1 Duties and responsibilies of TA If you work in a school, describe your role If you are a volunteer, use your observations and the job description provided Use this as an opportunity to explore the valuable support offered by effective TA’s Explore your own reasons/vision for moving into this career Gove described TA’s as a ‘Mums army’ and argues that they have little impact on children’s progress - use this as an opportunity to defend the profession!
1. 2 work role in ‘relevant standards’ Explore the NOS for STL and how they link in with our course Why were they developed? What is the main content?
2. 1 the importance of reflective practice Discuss why it is so important in any job – but especially in schools – to continually reflect on what you do and how it could be improved? What factors in the role of TA make it especially important to be flexible, adaptable and willing to take on new ideas?
3. 1 self evaluation against standards Using the NOS for STL, grade yourself against each area. 1 2 3 4 = = very confident fairly confident not done it – yet! Choose one area that you feel very confident in and one that you are not confident in and write a short paragraph for each to expand your ideas.
3. 2 Using feedback Think about a time with a colleague has given you feedback (positive or negative) on your performance. How did you feel? What actions did you take following this? How did it impact on your performance Share with the group Write a learning journal to provide evidence of this LO
4. 1 sources of support for planning and reviewing development Explore performance management (mandatory for teaching staff) and compare to appraisals for TA’s Have you been involved in this process? Which staff were involved? Discuss with group and write up for evidence