- Slides: 14
LETTER WRITING WHAT MAKES A GOOD FRIENDLY LETTER?
WHAT IS A FRIENDLY LETTER? A friendly letter is a type of letter that is written between people who know each other really well.
WHO WOULD WE WRITE A FRIENDLY LETTER TO? ² Parents ² Family members i. e. Sisters, brothers, cousins ² Grandparents ² Friends ² Classmates ² Teacher ² Neighbours
WHY WOULD WE WRITE A FRIENDLY LETTER? ² It is a means to communicate and remain in touch with each other ² To say hello ² To share memories ² To send best wishes ² To say congratulations ² Apologies ² To ask a question ² Way of remembering ² To check in on someone and see how they are doing
HOW DO YOU WRITE A FRIENDLY LETTER? 5 Parts of a Friendly Letter 1. Heading (Date) 2. Greeting 3. Body 4. Closing 5. Signature
1. HEADING (DATE) ²Always includes the date ²Write at the top of the page on the RIGHT side of the page ²Can include the writers address
2. GREETING ² Dear____, (the blank is for the name of the person that you are writing or addressing the letter to ² Always insert a comma after their name
3. BODY ² Includes the details that would be interesting to the person that you are writing to ² May want to ask a question for them to write back to you
4. CLOSING ² Written at the side of the page with the heading ² Make sure closing is appropriate for who you are writing your letter to. ² Examples of Closing: Love, Yours Truly, Sincerely, Your Friend, Best Regards
5. SIGNATURE ² Write or sign your name below the closing
VIDEO https: //www. youtube. com/watch? v=y 2 d-0 d. Iimg. Y
EXAMPLES OF FRIENDLY LETTER IDEAS THAT YOU COULD WRITE TO A FRIEND ² Writing to your friend about a book or a movie ² Telling your friend something you like about them or why they are a good friend ² Ask your friend a few questions to get to know them better. Examples do you have any pets? ² Share with your friend some things you like to do for fun