Lab Safety Rules
Safety Quiz ► You must make at least a 80 % or you will not be able to participate in Science Labs ► You can re-take the quiz as many times as necessary
Safety Contract ► Must be signed by guardian and returned ► This is a homework grade and is due by Monday ► YOU WILL NOT Be ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN SCIENCE LABS UNITL YOU HAVE A CONTRACT SIGNED
1. Conduct yourself in a responsible manner at all times Horseplay, practical jokes, and pranks will not be tolerated
2. Follow all instructions carefully Ask for help if you do not understand, when teacher is talking you should not be.
3. Do not touch anything without permission Misuse of materials, or playing with material will result in a writeup
4. Never eat, drink, chew gum, or taste anything in the Science Room Wash hands after leaving the Science lab Consider all chemicals to be dangerous
5. Keep your work area clean You will be responsible for resetting up your station exactly as you have found it
6. Report any accident directly to me Do not clean up glass, chemicals, etc. on your own
7. Do not open cabinets or enter any storage area without my permission Do not take anything out of the Science Lab
8. Wear safety goggles as instructed Do not remove until told to do so
9. Dress properly Tie back long hair, no dangling jewelry, no baggy clothes
10. Dispose of materials properly Hazardous materials and glass must be disposed of specially
11. Labs are not a time for horseplay, pranks, or playing around ► There is a time and place for playing and goofing around with your friends. That time and place is not in my science lab.
The Golden Rule- Use Common Sense