- Slides: 17
Heaven Revelation 21 -22
Life is so strange if you don’t know your destination Ecclesiast es 3: 11 a Ecclesiast es 3: 11 b • God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, • but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
9/11 % Americans Who Believe in Heaven 84 82 80 78 76 74 72 70 68 66 1997 2001 2004 Series 1 2016
Views Of Heaven Bible. Based Bible Hijacks Extinction Others Judaism Islam Nihilism Animism Christianit y Mormonis m Buddhism, Hinduism Ancestor Zombies? What people usually think of… JW’s
1. Heaven is a Place Revelation 21: 1 -7 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea. And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, made ready as a bride adorned for her husband. John 14: 2 “In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. ” John 14: 3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
1. Heaven is a Place Revelation 21: 18 -21 The material of the Revelation 21: 9 -146: 31 -33 Then one of the Matthew wall was jasper; and the city was pure gold, seven angels who had the seven It had a great and high wall, with twelve like clear glass. The foundation stones of bowls full of the seven last plagues • “Do not worry then, saying, 'What will gates, and at the gates twelve angels; and the city wall were adorned with every kind we eat? ' or 'What will we drink? ' or came and spoke with me, saying, names were written on them, which are the of precious stone. The first foundation stone 'What will we wear for clothing? ' "Come here, I will show you the names of the twelve tribes of the sons of was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, bride, the wife of the Lamb. " Israel. There were three gates on the east • “For the Pagans eagerly seek all chalcedony; the fourth, emerald; the fifth, and three gates on the north and three these things; for your heavenly Father sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, And he carried me away in the Spirit gates on the south and three gates on the knows that you need all these things. chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, to a great and high mountain, and west. And the wall of the city had twelve topaz; the tenth, chrysoprase; the eleventh, • “But seek first His kingdom and His showed me the holy city, Jerusalem, foundation stones, and on them were the righteousness, and all these things jacinth; the twelfth, amethyst. coming down out of heaven from twelve names of the twelve apostles of the will be added to you. And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; God, having the glory of God. Her Lamb. each one of the gates was a single pearl. brilliance was like a very costly And the street of the city was pure gold, like stone, as a stone of crystal-clear transparent glass. jasper. New Jerusalem Fort Knox Gold
1. Heaven is a Place Revelation 21: 1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away, and there is no longer any sea… Big Bang #2 Revelation 21: 5 And He who sits 2 Peter 3: 10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, in on the throne said, "Behold, I am which the heavens will pass making all things new. " And He away with a roar and the *said, "Write, for these words are elements will be destroyed with faithful and true. " intense heat, and the earth and its works will be burned up. New Earth (!? )
1. Heaven is a Place New Ecosyste ms New Water, Nutrition • Revelation 21: 1 …there is no longer any sea… • Revelation 22: 1 -2 Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb, in the middle of its street. On either side of the river was the tree of life, bearing twelve kinds of fruit, yielding its fruit every month; and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. River of Life
1. Heaven is a Place New Ambie nt Lightin g • Rev. 22: 5 And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever. New Light
1. Heaven is a Place A BIG Place • Rev. 21: 15 -16 The one who spoke with me had a gold measuring rod to measure the city, and its gates and its wall. The city is laid out as a square, and its length is as great as the width; and he measured the city with the rod, fifteen hundred miles; its length and width and height are equal. New Jerusalem
2. Heaven is About the King The Plan of God • Revelation 21: 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne, saying, "Behold, the tabernacle of God is among men, and He will dwell among them, and they shall be His people, and God Himself will be among them • 2 Cor. 6: 16; Ex. 29: 45; Lev. 26: 12; Jer. 31: 1; Ezek. 27: 27; etc… Colossians 3: 15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body; and be thankful. John 14: 3 "If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
2. Heaven is About the King The Heart of God His Effect on Us • John 17: 24 "Father, I desire that they also, whom You have given Me, be with Me where I am… • Revelation 21: 4 and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away. "
2. Heaven is About the King Serving Him Reigning With Him • Revelation 22: 3 There will no longer be any curse; and the throne of God and of the Lamb will be in it, and His • Rev. 22: 5 …they will reign forever and bond-servants will serve Him; ever. • Rom. 8: 17 …fellow heirs with Christ… • 2 Cor. 6: 1 …working together with Him… • 1 Cor. 3: 9 For we are God's fellow workers…
3. Heaven is Recognizable People 1 Corinthians 13: 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known. 2 Samuel 12: 23 "But now he has died; why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I will go to him, but he will not return to me. " 1 Thessalonians 5: 10 who died for us, so that whether we are [alive] or [die], we will live together with Him. Numbers 27: 12 -13 Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go up to this mountain of Abarim, and see the land which I have given to the sons of Israel. "When you have seen it, you too will be gathered to your people, as Aaron your brother was; Genesis 25: 8 Abraham breathed his last and died in a ripe old age, an old man and satisfied with life; and he was gathered to his people. Transfiguration Genesis 49: 33 When Jacob finished charging his sons, he drew his feet into the bed and breathed his last, and was gathered to his people. Matthew 8: 11 "I say to you that many will come from east and west, and recline at the table with Abraham, Isaac and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven;
4. Heaven is About Significance Romans 8: 18 For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. Philippians 1: 21 -23 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain…having the desire to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better; 1 Corinthians 2: 9 -10 but just as it is written, "THINGS WHICH EYE HAS NOT SEEN AND EAR HAS NOT HEARD, AND which HAVE NOT ENTERED THE HEART OF MAN, ALL THAT GOD HAS PREPARED FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM. " For to us God revealed them through the Spirit; for the Spirit searches all things, even the depths of God.
5. Heaven is God’s Perfection Revelation 22: 3 No longer will there be a curse upon anything. For the throne of God and of the Lamb will be there, and his servants will worship him. Revelation 22: 17 The Spirit Revelation 21: 4 He will wipe every tear from their eyes, and there will be and the bride say, “Come. ” Let no more death or sorrow or crying or pain. All these things are gone anyone who hears this say, forever. ” “Come. ” Let anyone who is Revelation 21: 8 “But cowards, unbelievers, the corrupt, murderers, the thirsty come. Let anyone who immoral, those who practice witchcraft, idol worshipers, and all liars—their desires drink freely from the fate is in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. ” water of life. Revelation 21: 27 Nothing evil will be allowed to enter, nor anyone who practices shameful idolatry and dishonesty—but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
6. Heaven is Near Revelation 22: 6 Then the angel said to me, “Everything you have heard and seen is trustworthy and true. The Lord God, who inspires his prophets, has sent his angel to tell his servants what will happen soon. ” Revelation 22: 7 “Look, I am coming soon! Blessed are those who obey the words of prophecy written in this book. ” Hebrews 11: 9 -10 By faith he lived as an alien in the land of promise, as in a foreign land, dwelling in tents with Isaac and Jacob, fellow heirs of the same promise; for he was looking for the city which has foundations, whose architect and builder is God.