- Slides: 31
语态 主动语态 时态 一般式 (not) doing 被动语态 (not) being done (not) 完成式 (not) having done having been done
2) -ing形式表示 “. . . 的” 意思, 叫现在 分词 A sleeping child working people the rising sun
-ing形式短语作定语时一般放在它所 修饰的名词之后, 相当于一个定语从句。 如: They are visitors coming from several countries. The boy standing there is a classmate of mine.
1) Four people entered the room looking around in a curious way. = Four people enter the room and looked around in a curious way. ( 伴随动作) 2) Being poor, he couldn’t afford a TV set. (原因)
3) Working hard, you’ll surely succeed. 条件 4) The boy sat in front of the farmhouse, cutting the branch. 伴随 5) He came running back to tell me the news. 方式
6) (When) Hearing the news, he got frightened. = When he heard the news, he got frightened. (时间, 可以在分词前保留when ) 7) The child slipped and fell, hitting his head against the door. 结果
1. The boy standing there is reading a book about body language. The boy ____ who __ is ____ standing there is reading a book about body language. 2. Because he didn’t know what to do, he went to the teacher for help. knowing what to do, he went _________ Not to the teacher for help.
3. She sat at the desk and did her homework. She sat at the desk ______ doing ____ her _____. homework
Grammar work 语法专练 用所给动词的适当形式填空。 1. Not knowing ____(know) his address, I couldn’t go to see him yesterday. 2. Look out for cars when crossing _______(cross) the street. 3. Not having _________ been invited (invite) to the party, Mary was greatly hurt.
4. He dived into the water, ______ leaving (leave) only his face exposed. 5. When I got back home I saw a message pinned to the door, reading _______ (read) “Sorry to miss you; I will call later. ” 6. Taking _______ (take) a deep breath, they dived into the water. 7. Having ______ closed (close) the windows and the door, the students left the room.
Grammar quiz 语法小测 1. When _____ C different cultures, we often pay attention only to the differences without noticing many similarities. A. compared B. being compared C. comparing D. having compared
2. Whenever he was asked why he was late for class, he would answer A carelessly, always ______ the same thing. A. saying B. said C. to say D. having said
3. There are hundreds of visitors _____ C in front of the Art Gallery to have a look at Van Gogh’s paintings. A. waited B. to wait C. waiting D. wait
C 4. ______ , the more expensive the camera, the better its quality. A. General speaking B. Speaking general C. Generally speaking D. Speaking generally
5. “You can’t catch me!” Janet B shouted, _______ away. A. run B. running C. to run D. ran
Choose the best answer. 1. The stranger said something in a _______ voice and the little girl was very much ____ A. frightening, frightened B. frightened, frightening C. frightening, frightening D. frightened, frightened
2. ____the piano, someone suddenly knocked at the door. A. Playing B. When I was playing C. Repairing D. Examining
3. Mother caught the boy ______ in the corner. A. smoke B. to smoke C. being smoked D. smoking
4. ______ the programme, they have to stay there for another 2 weeks. . A. Not completing B. Not completed C. Not having completed D. Having not completed
5. “We can’t go out in this weather”, said Bob, ____ out of the window. A. looking B. to look C. looked D. having looked 6. Though _____ money, his parents managed to send him to university. A. lacked B. lacking of C. lacking D. lacked in
8. _______ such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river. A. Having suffered B. Suffering C. To suffer D. Suffered
9. He looked around and caught a man ______ his hand into the pocket of a passenger. A. put B. to be putting C. to put D. putting
11. ______in the queue for half an hour. Tom suddenly realized that he had left his wallet at home. A. To wait B. Have waited C. Having waited D. To have waited 12. The picture _____ on the wall is painted by my nephew. A. having hung B. hanging C. hangs D. being hung
13. Generally speaking, ______ according to the directions, the drug has no side effect. A. when taking B. when taken C. when to take D. when to be taken
单句改错 1. Having not seen the film, I can’t tell you what I think of it. Not having 2. The men worked for extra hours got an extra pay. working 3. Seen from the top of the hill, we find the city more beautiful. Seeing 4. Generally speak, facial expressions are helpful communications, too. speaking
5. “ Can’t you read? ” the man said, angrily pointed to the notice on the wall. pointing 6. Knocking at the door before entering, please. Knock 7. European football is played in 80 countries, made it the most popular sport in the world. making