- Slides: 29
Germany Facts 1. Germany is in central Europe. 2. The population of Germany is estimated at 82. 5 million people. 3. The currency of Germany is the Euro. 4. The official language of Germany is German.
Information about the land 5. There are nine countries bordering Germany: o o o o o Austria Luxembourg Switzerland Czech Republic Denmark France Netherlands Poland Belgium 6. Germany is a federation of sixteen states.
Information about the land 7. The capital of Germany is Berlin. 8. People in Liechtenstein, Austria, Switzerland, and Belgium speak German. 9. German is the third most-commonly taught language in U. S. schools and universities, after Spanish and French.
10. The flag of Germany is a tricolor consisting of three equal horizontal bands displaying the national colors of Germany: black, red, and yellow.
Germany is Europe’s largest economy. 12. Some important manufacturers in Germany are: 11.
13. German Cars: Audi, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Porsche, Volkswagen
14. German Company Logos: Adidas, Aldi, T Mobile, and Bayer.
15. Popular foods in Germany are sauerkraut (cabbage) and sausages (bratwurst).
15. German well-known food: Wiener Schnitzel Schweinshaxe Pork hock served grilled and crispy with Sauerkraut Wurstsorten-Sausage, Bratwurst
German well-known food: Vollkornbrot Käsekuchen Brötchen Schwarzwälderkirschtorte Gugelhupf Kekse
16. The Brandenburg Gate is a famous sight in Berlin.
17. The Elbe, Rhine, and Danube Rivers run through Germany. A) B) C) Rhine Danube Seine
18. Some famous Germans past and present are: Albert Einstein Anne Frank
Beethoven Heidi Klum
19. A popular sport in Germany is Soccer
Write these words in English. 1. Englisch 2. Engel 3. banane 4. bär 5. bier 6. katze 7. schokolade 8. kaffee 9. sonne 10. diamant 11. elefant 12. rund
What are these famous German inventions? 1. 2. 3. 4.
Stop here please!
Etiquette o Greetings are formal and titles are important o Never talk to someone while chewing gum o Direct eye contact is very important o They like there space so keep your distance o Privacy is very important to Germans
DO NOT BE LATE o Punctuality is greatly important to Germans whether for business or social engagement
Transportation o People in Germany get around on: o o Bicycles Cars Trains Buses
Traveling to Germany o United State citizens do not require a visa unless they are staying longer than three months o They have many airports in Germany to make for easy travel o Trains can take you many places as well
What to eat? o German food varies from each region but still usually includes o o o Meat Potatoes Vegetables Salad They also enjoy their beer and wine o o Drinking age is 16 for beer and wine 18 is the legal age for spirits
Family o Germans weddings have two parts o o First is the civil ceremony at the government office The next day they have a church service o Most German families have one or two children o Children usually leave home once they get a job
Sports o One in three Germans play a sport o 12 million others exercise on a regular bases o Other sports that are popular is handball, volleyball, and basketballs
Goodbye Germany I hope that the information I have shared has inspired you to take a trip to Germany just as I would love to do!
References Countries of the World, Germany- by Henry Russell Focus on Germany – by David Flint http: //www. macombcountymi. gov http: //www. buyusa. gov