- Slides: 6
CHRISTINA ROSSETTI & DANTE GABRIEL ROSSETTI Quiz
1. SONG CHRISTINA ROSSETTI I shall not see the shadows, I shall not feel the rain. I shall not hear the nightingale, Sing on, as if in pain. And dreaming through the twilight that doth not rise or set. ___ I may remember and ___ may forget. 1. Happily …happily 2. Luckily … luckily 3. Haply … haply 4. Perchance … Perchance
2. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS NOT TRUE OF “THE BLESSED DAMOZEL” • 1. The damozel is all alone in heaven. • 2. The damozel is quite close to the speaker, though she inhabits in the vast space of heaven. • 3. Her sense of time is different from those on earth. • 4. The damozel expresses her wish to be joined by the lover, while the lover is not sure about it.
3. “IN AN ARTIST’S STUDIO” • One face looks out from all his canvasses, One selfsame figure sits or walks or leans; We found her hidden just behind those screens, That mirror gave back all her loveliness. • …. Not wan with waiting, not with sorrow dim; Not as she is, but was when hope shone bright; Not as she is, but as she _____. 1. gives him hope. 2. fills his dream. 3. brings him light. 4. shapes his
4. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING IS NOT TRUE ABOUT “THE GOBLIN MARKET”? 28 1. The goblins sell only a few kinds of fruits and only to unmarried women. 29 2. Once Laura falls under their spell, she cannot hear them. 3. The story can be an allegory of Christian sacrifice and redemption. 30 4. The story can also be either a fable on female virginity or lesbian sexuality.
5. WHICH OF THE FOLLOWING POEMS IS NOT ABOUT QUEST? 1. “Goblin Market” 2. “Song” 3. “The Blessed Damozel” 4. “Casabianca” 1.