By Elahson and Jae Mrs Morrisons Class 2011

  • Slides: 9
Download presentation
By Elahson and Jae Mrs. Morrison’s Class 2011 -2012

By Elahson and Jae Mrs. Morrison’s Class 2011 -2012

 • Africa has many savannahs and is home to many animals such as

• Africa has many savannahs and is home to many animals such as lions, elephants, zebras, giraffes, cheetahs and gazelle. • Mount Kilimanjaro is the highest point in Africa, standing at 19, 340 feet tall. • Africa is also known to consist of quite a few deserts.

 • You may think icebergs are colossal from what you see in pictures,

• You may think icebergs are colossal from what you see in pictures, but that’s only 10% of it. The other 90% is under water! • Antarctica has no permanent residents because of it’s wicked cold ice and snow. The only people there are scientists. • If you ever visit Antarctica the only life you’ll find are some penguins, seals, polar bears, puffins or fish and whales. • The only place in the world that doesn’t have a Mc. Donalds is Antarctica.

Asia • Asia has more than 60% of the worlds population. • The largest

Asia • Asia has more than 60% of the worlds population. • The largest mountain on planet Earth is in Asia. Mount Everest standing at 29, 035 feet tall. It is located in the town of Nepal. • A few of the major cities in Asia are Tokyo and Hong Kong is known to be one of the busiest and most popular trading centers. • Asia is home to a few tigers and panda bears in their amidst rain forests.

Australia • Australia is the only continent that is also a country. • The

Australia • Australia is the only continent that is also a country. • The capital of Australia is Sydney, home of the world famous Sydney Opera house and beautiful coral reefs. • The animals that live in Australia are kangaroos, koala bears, sea turtles, ostriches, and a population of 136, 000 sheep. • In Australia, the tallest mountain is mount Kosciuszko- which is 7, 310 feet tall.

Europe • There are more than 40 countries in all in Europe. • Animals

Europe • There are more than 40 countries in all in Europe. • Animals that call Europe their home are cows, and other grazing animals like sheep, horses and donkeys. • Europe has many landmarks including the Eiffel tower, St. Basil’s Cathedral, and the leaning tower of Pisa. • Some of the countries that are in Europe are France, Belgium, Sweden, Finland, Italy, Germany, United kingdom, Norway, Poland, Spain and Ireland.

North America • North America has five main countries- USA, Canada, Mexico, Greenland Dominican

North America • North America has five main countries- USA, Canada, Mexico, Greenland Dominican republic. • Some of the landmarks that north America has are the grand canyon, the statue of liberty, the golden gate bridge and Mt. Mc. Kinley. • Some of the animals that live in North America are moose, deer, pigeons, polar bears, and a wide variety of fish.

South America • South America holds the largest rain forest in the entire world,

South America • South America holds the largest rain forest in the entire world, which is the Amazon rain forest. • The beautiful Sugar Loaf Mountain towers over the city of Rio De Janeiro. This city is famous for its colorful celebrations. • This continent is home to many handfuls of Animals including the gold lion tamarin, orangutans, toucans, and parrots.

Thanks for watching!!!!!

Thanks for watching!!!!!