- Slides: 31
Berlin Trivia How Well Do You Know Berlin?
1. When did Berlin first become the capital of Germany? A. 1715 A. 1871 A. 1933 A. 1991
Answer: B • Berlin first became the capital of Germany in 1871.
2. Where in Berlin is the official residence of the President of Germany? A. Kanzleramt A. Schloss Bellevue A. Schloss Charlottenburg A. Schloss Sanssouci
Answer: B Schloss Bellevue is the official residence of the President of Germany.
3. How long was the Berlin Wall? A. 53 miles B. 78 miles A. 96 miles B. 180 miles
Answer: C The Berlin Wall was 96 miles long.
4. What Is the name of Berlin’s basketball team? A. Alba Berlin B. Eisbaeren Berlin A. FC Union Berlin B. Hertha Berlin
Answer: A Alba Berlin is Berlin’s basketball team.
5. The first set of traffic lights in Europe were installed where in Berlin? A. Alexander Platz B. Charlottenplatz C. Nollindorfplatz D. Potsdamer Platz
Answer: D Potsdamer Platz – where one can still see a replica of it.
6. Berlin lies on two major rivers, the Spree and the ? ? ? A. Elbe B. Ems C. Havel D. Oder
Answer: C The Havel
7. Approximately how far west of the Polish border is Berlin? A. 30 km B. 70 km C. 180 km D. 315 km
Answer: B Approximately 70 km from Berlin to the Polish border
8. What is the approximate population of Berlin? A. 2. 3 million B. 3. 7 million C. 5. 5 million D. 6. 4 million
Answer: B 3. 7 million
9. Approximately how much bigger in area is Berlin in comparison to Paris? A. 3 times B. 5 times C. 9 times D. 12 times
Answer: C Berlin is approximately 9 times the size of Paris. Berlin Paris
10. Approximately how many bridges does Berlin have? A. 900 B. 1700 C. 2300 D. 2500
Answer: B 1700 bridges in Berlin – more than in Venice.
11. How many kilometers of navigable waterways does Berlin have? A. 180 B. 250 C. 280 D. 350
Answer: A 180 km of navigable waterways in Berlin
12. Der Letze Instanz is the oldest public house in Berlin. How old is it? A. 200 years B. 300 years C. 400 years D. 500 years
Answer: C 400 years old
13. Berlin is divided into how many boroughs? A. 5 B. 7 C. 10 D. 12
Answer: D Berlin has 12 boroughs
14. In what year was the Berlin Wall built? A. 1947 B. 1952 C. 1959 D. 1961
Answer: D The Berlin Wall was built in 1961.
15. The first bomb dropped on Berlin in WWII killed…. ? A. A senior Army officer B. An elephant at the zoo C. A famous opera singer A. A boat captain on the Spree
Answer: B An elephant at the zoo. Actually, 7 of them. Siam, pictured here, was the only surviving elephant.