Baptist Memorial Hospital Memphis Statistics Baptist Memorial Hospital
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
• Statistics Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis – 706 -bed tertiary care hospital – Separately licensed 30 -bed skilled nursing facility – 30 -bed Restorative Care Hospital – More than 27, 000 admissions, 54, 000 emergency department visits and 123, 000 outpatient visits – 3500 employees – Emergency department has 31 treatment suites – Five-room pediatric emergency department – 19 -bed inpatient Hardin Pediatric Center
– Friendly, compassionate and responsive care, as reflected in our "Service First" philosophy – Fairness and respect for the individual – Teamwork and trust – Continuous improvement and safe environment Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis • Mission: In keeping with the three-fold ministry of Christ — preaching, teaching, and healing — Baptist is committed to providing quality health care. • Vision: To be the provider of choice for quality, patient-focused health care in collaboration with the physicians and communities we serve. • Values
• Nursing Services Organization – Mission Statement • Nursing Values – This Philosophy of Care is founded upon the following principles: • • • autonomy accountability professional development high quality care creativity Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis • Serving with compassion • Conducting the delivery of care • Leading people to health
• Employee Benefits Competitive salaries Shift and weekend differentials Paid vacation/time off Tuition assistance Continuing education opportunities Generous retirement plan Health insurance, including dental and vision Sick leave Service awards Credit union Free parking Short-term disability Life insurance Health care and dependant care spending accounts Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis – – – –
• Employee Development – The model is designed to facilitate: • A shift from task-based to process-based thinking and work • A work environment where the right person is doing the right job • Professional growth, development and collegiality Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis – The Professional Practice Model(PPM) is a system that supports registered nurse decision-making about the delivery of nursing care and the environment in which care is delivered.
Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis
• Shared Leadership Model Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis – Nursing excellence is achieved through a commitment to life-long learning and professional advancement, as well as the integration of research and theory into nursing practice.
• Enhanced Performance of Organization – "Heroes" Television Campaign Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis • In 2004, Baptist Memorial Health Care launched a television campaign featuring the health care team in action in three spots called “Heroes. ” The TV spots, which emphasize the work done each day by Baptist staff and affiliated physicians, focus on Baptist’s emergency, heart and childbirth services.
• Enhanced Performance of Organization – Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis No. 1 in Tennessee Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis • According to the Tenth Annual Health. Grades Hospital Quality in America Study issued today, Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis ranks best in Tennessee for cardiac surgery, stroke care and gastrointestinal surgery & procedures. The study, the largest of its kind, analyzed patient outcomes at virtually all of the nation's 5, 000 hospitals over the years 2004, 2005 and 2006.
• Enhanced Performance of Organization – Baptist Memorial Hospital-Memphis Consumer Rating Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis • For the tenth year in a row, Mid-South consumers have rated Baptist Memphis their most preferred hospital for overall health care services in a National Research Corp. poll. Also, in 2001 and 2002, U. S. News & World Report named Baptist Memphis one of the top 50 hospitals in the country for orthopedics.
• Enhanced Performance of Organization – Testimonials – Jacob Culbreath, patient • “I got nothing but reassurance from the staff from the moment I walked in the door. This hospital is the best kept secret in Memphis. The staff is the most caring in the world. ” – Martha Bunn, patient • “I was so pleasantly surprised about the care and personal attention that I saw my beloved aunt Helen receive. Every person seemed truly interested in his/her patients and getting them out of the hospital in good shape, able to resume a normal life. ” – Actress Dixie Carter Baptist Memorial Hospital - Memphis • “The doctors were great. I’m a technical person and like to know what’s going on so I can do my own research. They answered all my questions and were very informative and accommodating. ”