Advantages and Disadvantages ADVANTAGES 1 THE NUCLEAR ENERGY
- Slides: 15
Advantages and Disadvantages
1. THE NUCLEAR ENERGY IS HIGHLY EFFICIENT 2 pounds 350 ml
2. IT DOESN'T PRODUCE GREENHOUSE GAS CO 2 Nuclear CH 4 O 3 Unlike fossil energy , the nuclear energy doesn’t produce greenhouse gas. It is cleaner and friendly to our earth.
3. IT OFFERS STABLE AND RELIABLE ENERGY
4. IT TAKES SMALL FOOTPRINT OF THE LAND Wind energy 250 square miles Nuclear power plant 1/5 – 1/10 of the land
l l There are many benefits that we can get from the nuclear energy. Then，why do many people resist it ?
1. IT TAKES A LONG TIME TO BUILD A NUCLEAR POWER PLANT 3. 5 – 6 years 2. 5 – 4 years 10 -19 years 7 years
2. IT COST LOTS OF MONEY TO USE IT l It cost lots of money to use nuclear energy. l The cost includes : Building a nuclear power plant. Disposal of nuclear waste. 1. 2. l Take Taiwan example , we spend 11 billion US dollars to build the 4 th nuclear power plant.
3. THE NUCLEAR WASTE IS DANGEROUS l The nuclear waste is dangerous. It emits radiation for 10 – 100 years. l It cause Organism’s health. l It very difficult to deal with it.
4. THE NUCLEAR DISASTER l The nuclear power plant may cause great disaster. l If one more nuclear disaster happen , it will cause great damages to people and the environment for a long time.
5. NUCLEAR WEAPONS l Nuclear power plants are deadly threat to our national safety. l Nuclear energy can be used to make nuclear weapons. l The nuclear power plant are the best attacking targets during the war.
6. THE IMPACTS TO ORGANISM l Nuclear energy has great impacts on human life and our earth. l The radiation for the nuclear waste can cause cancer and deformation. l The hot water from the nuclear power plant cause the deaths of the
7. A PROBLEM TO GET NUCLEAR FUEL l The nuclear fuel is not renewable and not always available. l Uranium is limited and cannot be reused. l If uranium all extracted, the nuclear power plant will be useless.