- Slides: 15
2. (1) 辨析 pause 和 stop pause 是短暂的中断或停止。 stop 是突然、断然的终止。 n He stopped talking with his friends. n The foreign guests paused to look round the park.
3. glance at/over/through = glance ( one's eyes ) over 随便看一看，浏览。 n Oh , he didn't study it. He only glanced over it.
glance over 有时相当于 look over, glance through。 在 课 文 中 的 … then glanced over his shoulder before continuing down the street. (然后 他回头望了望，就又沿街走去。) n glance at 为“对……瞥一眼”。 He glanced at his watch once again. n
4. aloud 大声地；出声地 n She cried aloud for help. n Read the text aloud please.
1. Our teacher is rather deaf, so we have to read very _______ in our class. loud 2. He was in the habit of thinking ______. alouder 3. I can’t hear you. Please speak _______. 4. I feel very much annoyed when someone is loudly singing _______outside my window.
5. have a sudden thought 突然想出一个主意 n I still remember he had a sudden thought in time of danger. n have … thought of / about 有……的办法，有……想法，有……打算 n I had no thought of hurting his feeling. 我无意伤害他的感情。 n Have you got any thoughts about next weekend ?
6. flash. 1）flash （n．）意为闪光，闪光灯；转瞬 间。 n There was a flash of lightning a moment ago. n His speech was full of some flashes of humour. 2）in a flash意为转眼间，一瞬间。 n I'll be back in a flash.
7. hold out 伸出，拿出 n He held out his hand stopped a taxi.
9. have a look around = look around = look about = look round 环顾四周 10. follow sb. upstairs 跟某人上楼 (注意upstairs 为副词，其前不要加 to ) 又如：go upstairs / downstairs
11. walk over to 走到……处 12. by name 名叫；指名道姓地 n The assistant , Tom by name , is asking to see you. 一个名叫汤姆的售货员要求见你。 n He call all his students by name. by the name of 名叫，以……身份 n A friend of mine by the name of Mike will be your manager.
13. smile to oneself 暗自微笑 n The man with the beard smiled to himself. n Bill smiled to himself and began to feel less anxious. n I saw Mary smile to herself as she read the funny article. 注意类似的表达还有： n think to oneself 暗想， n say to oneself 自言自语。